𝟏𝟎| 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧: 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐰𝐨.

"𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫?" The one with black hair asked. The fabric was tugged off to reveal several different ores. "Now the time has come, please select an ore to use for your sword. The steel you will use to protect yourself and annihilate countless demons will be that of your own choosing."

   "I'm gonna be dead soon anyway, probably," the other boy muttered.

   Y/n had trouble deciding, she's never seen an ore and has no clue which one would be the best. The boy she fought with earlier spoke, "I don't have a clue what to pick."

   Tanjiro stood for a moment before walking up and picking one. Y/n looked at him, "how do you know which one to pick?"

   "My nose. This is the one that I feel is mine," he looked back at the table and pointed to the one right to it, "this one smells like yours."

   She smiled at him and picked it, "thank you!" Tanjiro nodded at her before they went to get their measurements.

   They left after everything was complete and now had to make their way back home. Tanjiro had hurt his leg when sliding in the mud, so once they made it into the forest, Y/n looked for a stick he could use. She also offered her shoulder to help him out.

   "Nezuko... I'm sorry," he muttered to himself.

   "Hm?" Y/n hummed.

   "I just feel awful, I couldn't get any answers from those demons. I couldn't figure out how to turn her back..."

   "It's okay, Tan- Tanjiro!" She shouted his name as he collapsed and fell to the ground.

   "Everything hurts... even my uniform feels heavy..."

   She helped Tanjiro back up, handing him his stick, "lean on me more."

   "I know you're hurting too, it would be fair."

   "I'll be fine, you've got it worse than me, let me help you."

   He wanted to refuse but the pain in his legs gnawed at him, "thank you.."

   The walk was slow, but Y/n was patient, keeping her pace slow for Tanjiro. Day became night and only then was when they made it to Urokodaki's house. "We made it," Y/n sighed, "Nezuko... Urokodaki.."

   Just then, the door of his house was kicked out. Tanjiro and Y/n jumped and their eyes widened seeing who did it. Nezuko walked out of the house, not even noticing them until Tanjito called out to her, "Nezuko! It's you!"

   "You woke up!" Y/n shouted. They started to run towards her but stumbled to the ground, their legs too weak to carry them. Nezuko's arms extended outwards and wrapped around their heads, pulling them into her chest. They both started to cry as they hugged the little girl back.

   "Why'd you do that?" Tanjiro scolded, "why'd you have to sleep for so long? I thought you were never gonna wake up!"

   Y/n sobbed as well, "we were so worried! We thought you were going to die!"

   Urokodaki walked towards the house with firewood in his arms, dropping them when he saw both Y/n and Tanjiro. He wrapped the three children into a hug, "you're here... you came back alive." Though he had his mask on, tears dripped down his cheeks. "Come, come inside now. You two must be exhausted. It's okay now, you can rest." He helped Y/n and Tanjiro limp into the estate.

   They slowly washed up and changed into a set of clothes that weren't covered in blood or dirt. They sat by the fire with Urokodaki, talking about what occurred during Final Selection. "I see," Urokodaki nodded, "you killed that mutated demon."