After the war 💗

╔═ .✾. ═╗

Fortunately for the demon slayers, nobody died during the fight with Kibutsuji Muzan. (Except for Muzan and the Upper moons of course)

However, there were major injuries. Iguro was completely blind while Tanjiro and Giyuu lost an arm.

Since Genya was one of the few people that survived without losing a sense/limb (because of his regeneration when he became a demon) he was tasked with helping the wounded.

"Genya, they need you at the Butterfly estate," Kanao asks, poking Genya's shoulder to grab his attention.

Genya put the boxes he was holding, down to an empty spot. "Alright."

"Looks like you are working hard today." Kanao starts as Genya nodded "I feel bad for not getting hurt." Kanao stares at him, dumbfounded.

"You got cut in half both horizontally and vertically. How'd that not hurt?" Kanao pointed at the vertical scar that ran from Genya's chin to his forehead.

"It doesn't hurt because of the demonification. I don't feel pain at all." Genya replied - making Kanao sigh in frustration.

"Don't overwork yourself," Kanao demanded as Genya nodded.

─── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ────

"Genya, there you are. You've been working hard, you are free to go home and tend to your older brother." Kochou then hands him some bandages and medicine. "Please take these for your older brother."

Genya gladly accepted and went back to the Wind estate.

"Nii-san, I'm home." Genya exclaimed, "Welcome back" Sanemi greets back, the two are now on good terms after the fight with Uppermoon 1.

"I'll take a shower first and then I'll replace your bandages," Genya mumbled, loud enough for his brother to hear.

─── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ───

"Genya? What are you going to do now that the Demon slayer corps has been disbanded?" Sanemi asks his younger brother who was still wrapping bandages across Sanemi's stomach.

"For now, I'll focus on helping the wounded. And in a few months, I'd probably find myself a... y'know"

"I doubt that you can pull yourself some girls" Sanemi rolls his eyes,

Which earned a glare from Genya "Boys then," he replied, causing Sanemi to yell a string of curse words in shock,

After the angry sardine calmed down he asked, "Were you serious?!" Genya shrugged, "Might be serious if I don't get myself a girl."

"Good luck with getting yourself a girl or a boy then." Sanemi ruffled Genya's hair as a warm smile curved on his mouth.

"Woah, you support me??" Genya mumbled in shock, Sanemi nodded "Wherever you're happy, I'll always support you."

"Why are you crying?!" Sanemi yelled, wiping away the falling tears from his brother's face.

──── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ─────

11:45 PM

"You're still awake?" Sanemi asked, folding his and Genya's clothes.

Genya grabbed himself a jacket, "Can't sleep, I'm going out."

"Don't stay out for too long." Genya nodded, putting on some shoes before grabbing the keys to exit their home.

"I'll decapitate you if you come back late." Genya chuckled, waving goodbye to his older brother before heading out.