Christmas 💗

I know it's not christmas yet but I'm running out of ideas-

╔═ .✾. ═╗

Genya Shinazugawa hated Christmas. He didn't know why, but he just did.

Every year, he would try to avoid the holiday as much as possible.

He would stay home and only come out when he has a mission. He would also cancel hangouts, and even turn off the lights in his brother's estate so that no one would know he was there.

But this year, something was different. Genya had met someone special.

His significant other, Muichiro, loved Christmas. He loved the decorations, the presents, and the time spent with loved ones.

Genya tried to resist the mist pillar's enthusiasm, but it was no use. Muichiro's love for Christmas was infectious.

"Aren't you going to greet me a Merry Christmas?" Muichiro asks, poking Genya on his shoulder. A habit he developed from Shinobu who would always poke Tomioka on his shoulder.

"No thanks" Genya rolls his eyes as he tries to avoid Muichiro's poking since he was a bit ticklish.

Muichiro made a face at the other, laying his head on his lover's lap. Genya replied by combing his hair with his fingers "I have a gift for you on Christmas."

"I don't need it-" Muichiro puts a hand over Genya's mouth interrupting him. "Yes you do."

Genya removed the other's hand that was covering his mouth "No i don't."

"I'll give it anyways." Muichiro turned his head away from the other followed by a 'Hmph!'

"I won't accept it then," Genya replies, crossing his arms from the stubborn pillar laying on his lap.

"I'll cry then, to Yuichiro." Muichiro threatens, earning a flick on the forehead from Genya, the shorter boy replied with an 'Ow!'

"Are you threatening me?" Genya asked, caressing Muichiro's forehead that he flicked earlier.

"You're so mean, my love." Muichiro sobbed quietly, Genya ended up getting flustered with the pet name Muichiro used.

After a few more convincing from Muichiro, he eventually gave up and went back home.

On christmas eve, Muichiro visited Genya once again to try and convince him to join the Christmas party for tommorow. And as usual, he said no.

"But why not? Why are you so against with socializing on a harmless day? Even your brother joined after a lot of convincing, so why can't i convince you?"

Genya doesn't know why he won't celebrate a simple holiday, so he can't answer. He just stared at the other, closing the door in his face.

From the other side of the locked door, Muichiro yelled "Can you atleast do it, for me?"

Muichiro waited for an answer outside his door - in the harsh cold season.

"I'll think about it. Please leave me alone and go home so you won't get sick."

"But, i feel more at home when I'm with you." Muichiro mumbled before Genya sighed and the door flung open.

Muichiro, who was leaning against the door fell flat on his face in the warm wooden floor of the Wind estate.

"I'll make us something to drink, yeah?" Genya heads to the kitchen after he closed the door to his and his brother's house shut.

Muichiro held his hot cocoa tightly while Genya looked out the window where Tanjirou and his friends played in the snow - it got funny when Inosuke got hit in the face by a flying snowball.

He watched as Kanao dodged the snowballs that were thrown at her and how Zenitsu kept getting hit in the face by Nezuko - he seemed to like it though, weird.

"Playing in the snow seems fun, don't you think? Theres a huge christmas tree we decorated too," Muichiro's voice comforted the awkwardness between him and Genya.

"Each of us have stockings where we can gift small items to eachother, we're just missing yours..." he added, that's when Genya started to feel a sense of peace.

There was nothing wrong with Christmas, why does he hate it? It was just a time to celebrate with loved ones and to be thankful for the good things in life.

"Alright, I'll come." Genya immediately gets interrupted by a hand slamming onto the table "Really?!" Muichiro yelled, Genya nodded and the other couldn't contain his excitement.

"Oh, i spilled my hot cocoa." Muichiro lifted the empty mug from the table as Genya started laughing softly - he wasn't laughing at Muichiro's accident, he was laughing at Muichiro being all excited and confused.

"I'll clean it don't worry" Genya replied as he grabbed a clean cloth and wiped the chocolate drink from the table.

"Do you want me to make you a new one?" Genya asked as Muichiro nodded before rethinking then shaking his head. "I don't need a drink, Just you being here is already enough for me."

Muichiro gave the other a warm smile as Genya stared in shock - his cheeks flushing a bright red before smiling back.

Isn't he just so lucky to have Muichiro as the love of his life?

──── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ────

The next day, Genya woke up feeling refreshed and optimistic. He went to the party at the butterfly mansion and even brought some cookies he baked himself.

That night, Genya and the rest had a Christmas dinner together. They exchanged presents, they laughed, and they talked.

When Muichiro found Genya alone by a table, he decided to approach. "See? Christmas isn't that bad now is it?" Muichiro elbowed the taller guy while eating one of the cookies Genya baked.

"Yeah." he replied, staring at the others who were having fun.

Genya realized that he had been wrong to hate Christmas all these years. It was a wonderful holiday, and he was grateful to have Muichiro in his life to help him see that.

"I still haven't given you your gift." Muichiro starts, fiddling with his fingers. "It's not much but..."

He stood up on his tip toes and pulled Genya by his collar. Pressing his lips against the taller one's cheek.

"Love ya." He added, turning to leave the flustered man, Genya was still in shock, his face turning more redder by the minute.

The both of them will surely treasure this moment till the day they die.

♡♡

╚═ .✾. ═╝

Genya gently touched his cheek, the one that Muichiro just kissed, they were dating for quite a while now but the reason why he was surprised is because the both of them acted platonic since they were still a bit too young to be in a relationship.

Someone interrupted Genya's meltdown, "Ew" Sanemi commented, leaning on the table behind genya as he drank from the glass he was holding. "You two could've did that after the party, and definitely not in front of me." His tone had a tinge of annoyance, but he knew that sanemi was happy for his younger brother.