The first night

-5 years earlier-

You were at the last One Direction concert of X Factor. Your mother gifted you front row floor seats. The level of elation you had felt when you touched the rough, textured tickets was way beyond what words could express. It's like if you bought your first lottery ticket and won the money. That's how happy you felt. A few days pass to the night of the concert. You were afraid it was going to rain knowing that in the United Kingdom  (where the concert was) the cold weather is unpredictable in the winter season. But tonight, it was a crystal clear sky. You knew the sunset would be beautiful but not as mesmerizing as seeing Harry Styles preform 6 feet away from you. He was your favorite amongst the 4 now. His humor and extreme kindness never stopped to amaze you. You couldn't even believe that you were in the same country as him let alone the same room. Little did you know that day would surprise you more than you could've ever imagined.

You arrive at the stadium. Or well about a block down from the stadium standing a line filled with other fellow directioners. You were the only one who came to this concert so you didn't have anyone to talk to. Now you aren't much of a social butterfly but today, you felt this wave of confidence (most likely the adrenaline) to talk to the person in front of you. "Hey! Aren't you overjoyed to come to their last concert?" "OMG you can't even imagine. I've waited YEARS to see them preform live. What about you?" "Oh yea I'm totally stoked. I actually got surprised by my mom with tickets since she knew how much I love One Direction." "That's amazing! Hey what's your name" "It's y/n. What's yours?" "Aww y/n is so beautiful! My name is Dorothea but you can call me Dorthy. Nice to meet you!" "You too." And that's how I ended up meeting my best friend in the world. We stood in line chatting and moving forward every now and then. I learned that she came all the way from Washington and how far of a flight that was compared to New York. She was single and works at a famous bakery owned by her parents. She also has 2 brothers and 1 sister. And of course we raved about One Direction and how much of a hard core fan we were. I guess we had talking for quite a while because a security guard had yelled out to keep it moving.

We finally got inside the stadium but I had a feeling this was the last time I would see Dorothea but boy was I wrong about that. Not only did she have a seat right next to mine but also gave me her number so we could keep in touch. And before we knew it the show had started.