A Potential Threat

They had done it.

The Calamity was no more.

But it had been a brutal fight, and Hyrule was not unscathed, and some things were still uncertain. So, the Princess and her Champions met up near the Sacred Ground, both to reflect on the past and to anticipate the future.

"So," Princess Zelda started. "I have called you all here today, with the hopes of going over our victory, to understand our success, and perhaps our strengths and weaknesses as well. We must be prepared for the future! For all we know, another Calamity could happen tomorrow!"

"Tomorrow?" Revali scoffed. "What was it, some ten thousand years last time? That's a hell of a long time. Our distant descendants will be long dead when Ganon returns next. I see little reason to believe it would return tomorrow. King Rhoam himself said to his subjects that the scourge of Hyrule was gone and peace was restored! But I suppose I'll keep my bow at the ready, either way."

"Agreed!" Daruk exclaimed. "Even after that battle, I still don't know much about that thing anyway. What was exactly? I couldn't see much aside from darkness and malice."

"We don't really know," Zelda replied. "And that is part of the problem. We may have destroyed Ganon, the ultimate evil, but we don't even really know how we did it or what we destroyed. We simply followed the prophecy of some fortune teller and used some technology beyond our comprehension."

"And why is it necessary to understand this technology?" Revali asked.

"Revali-" Urbosa began.

"It is fine," Zelda said. "Now you see, Revali, there are still potential threats out there. We must be better prepared in the future, to avoid what happened last time. We barely achieved victory! It was only Mipha's wise words that allowed me to unlock my power, the power that saved us all!"

"Fair enough," Revali replied. "I suffered a terrible injury to the wing in my battle against that Windblight creature. I should hope to avoid such humiliation in the future. I still don't understand how that knight made it out alive!"

Link turned to look Revali, visibly unimpressed with Revali's insults.

"And I, for one, barely made it out of my Divine Beast alive..." Mipha said. "I was so distracted worrying about- uh- well, what I meant was that I was caught off guard by the creature, and nearly met my end. It was almost pure luck that I survived."

"Now what potential threats are we even talking about?" Daruk asked.

"The Yiga Clan," Urbosa said. "They remain active even as we speak. Despite the fact that the Blood Moon has ceased to rise, and the monsters have retreated into the darkest corners of the land, Yiga clansmen continue to ambush travelers and bring terror to the countryside. The death of Ganon has not deterred them from their activities."

"It is probably because they have more loyalty to their own Master, Kohga, or whatever his name is," Zelda suggested. "Impa had a few Sheikah Warriors infiltrate the clan recently, and they reported that many members almost worship Kohga."

"Could he be a major threat?" Urbosa asked.

"I would doubt it," Zelda replied. "Reports say he's pretty much a joke, a lazy oaf who takes naps all day while his soldiers turn Hyrule upside down hunting Link and I."

"Then we can assume the Yiga are not behind the resurrection of Ganon?" Revali said. "I figured they would be the prime candidates, but this new information makes me think otherwise... But who else could be responsible, and what future plans could they have?"

"I do not know," Zelda replied. "And that is exactly why we must remain alert and prepared."

"So, the conflict is not over then?" Mipha asked with a look of sadness on her face. "I was hoping to, relax a bit, and... enjoy life a little, after the battle was over..."