Regional Phenomena

"B-But I'm Link!" exclaimed Link

"Well then, I suppose we ought to find a way to avoid confusion," replied the dark reflection. "Call me Dark Link, then. I am pretty dark and shadowy compared to you, after all."

"What are you doing with the Yiga Clan?" asked Urbosa.

"They are merely tools to achieve my goals," Dark Link replied. "Astor was apparently confused about the situation. He placed a competent leader in charge of the clan, which was fine and all, better than that fool Kohga. But the thing is, I want to be in charge of everything. I cannot have some other man leading the Yiga Clan and answering to me. I already have to deal with Astor, and he's a real handful. I should go ahead and pull the plug on him."

"This guy is the real deal." Daruk said.

"What did you do with Zelda??" Link asked.

"Just one of Astor's tricks," Dark Link replied. "He summoned a bottomless pit to consume her."

"Enough of this!" Revali exclaimed, drawing his bow "We should finish this guy right here and now!"

Urboas put her arm in front of Revali, blocking his bow. "But what of the bright light that saved Zelda from her fate?"

"What now?" Dark Link asked. "A bright light. Damn it! Don't tell me she escaped? I cannot operate here when Hylia's descendants still live!"

"Where do you come from, and what do you plan to do?" Urbosa asked.

"Oh, I could tell you all about that," Dark Link replied. "But does it really matter? All that matters, is that we are foes, and war is brewing between us. If the princess still lives, than I am still in danger from that blade."

"The Master Sword?" Link replied. "It is always a danger to people like you."

"Not when the blood of hylia is gone," Dark Link said. "That blade has an ancient connection to the Goddess of Time. Without her presence in this world, it would be powerless. As long as Zelda still lives, you and your blade are a threat to me."

"Let's just kill this guy already!" Revali shouted.

"Patience!" Link said to the Rito. "We need to figure out what he's done to Hyrule first. We may have a responsibility to save our kingdom first."

"Wise choice," Dark Link replied. "I have begun the long foretold Upheaval. Four disasters will strike the four tribes who bear the sages, while the Sky Islands will rain down from above, and the chasms of darkness will appear on the ground as gateways to the depths of hell itself. And from hell itself, I shall revive the Demon King who slumbers beneath the Castle."

"And why did you tell us this?" Daruk asked.

"Because I will have fun watching you all race to save your precious kingdom as it crumbles," Dark Link smiled. "I'll go ahead and send you off to your destinations."

Suddenly, Link and the Champions were teleported out of the hideout, scattered around Hyrule.

Urbosa awoke near Gerudo Town, where a sandstorm had engulfed the entire area, and mysterious red pillars poked out of the ground in various places.

Daruk awoke atop Death Mountain, where a giant beast known as Moragia was emerging from the volcanic crater as malice erupted from the summit.

Revali awoke atop Hebra Peak, where a giant storm had frozen over the entire Hebra Province, and mysterious ships floated above the mountains. But Revali wanted to be the hero, and so he took off instead for Hyrule Castle, to investigate the mysteries that supposedly lie below it.

Mipha awoke atop Ploymus Mountain, and saw that strange islands above Zora's Domain were leaking disgusting sludge all across the Lanayru Great Spring. She turned to see as a giant sludge-covered Like Like, the Sludge Like, approached her.

Link found himself falling through the sky somewhere above Necluda.

"The Champions!" Link thought as he pulled out his paraglider to better orchestrate his descent to the surface. "I have to find them! Might as well look for Mipha first... Perhaps she is in the Domain."

Link had a somewhat smooth landing somewhere in the Lanayru Wetlands, and after grabbing a bite to eat at Goponga Village, he quickly made his way to Zora's Domain, where he was told that a great beast had been sighted atop Ploymus Mountain, and it was apparently not the Lynel. Link rushed to the mountaintop to see for himself.

"Mipha!" Link exclaimed as he reached both her and the Sludge Like.

"We have to beat this thing together!" Mipha exclaimed.

Link drew the blade of evil's bane, and watched as Mipha used her power over water to eliminate the sludge protecting the beast.

Link jumped at the creature with his sword, while Mipha poked at it with her trident. Within moments, the Sludge Like was no more.

Back in Central Hyrule, Hyrule Castle was being evacuated as monsters were spawning in various parts of the building. The soldiers prepared to defend the capital, but strangely, the monsters were not attacking, but instead retreating inward, to the deepest depths of the castle, as if searching for something.

But elsewhere, monsters were launching full scale attacks. Near the Sacred Ground, a horde of monsters led by a corrupted Guardian Stalker was battling a legion of soldiers, the monsters trying to reach the Castle Town gates. Luckily, the soldiers had their own Guardian Stalkers to fight back with.

Meanwhile, a Captain and his Lieutenant were defending the Sacred Ground with a few other soldiers as a group of Moblins attacked.

"Lieutenant, you know the drill," said the Captain. "Keep everyone in the formation, and don't led those carnivorous beasts break through!

"Understood, Cap'n" replied the Lieutenant. "And don't forget to watch out for those Dragonbone Moblin Clubs. Things sure do pack a punch."

"I don't need reminders from you, Lieutenant. I'm almost 50 years old, one of the oldest soldiers in the army! I was once in the Royal Guard! Do you think I don't know that a Moblin club packs a punch?"

"Sorry sir, I-"

"Focus on the battle at hand!"

Monsters were approaching from all directions in Central Hyrule, as the four disastrous Regional Phenomena caused chaos around Hyrule. It seemed nowhere was safe.