CHAPTER - 4

How could I possibly share this bizarre dream with anyone?
What if they end up mocking me?

My insecurity is at its peak, and if I were to confide in Emma, she would probably view me as strange.

What if revealing this truth about my life weakens our bond?

I'm already struggling to fit in college, and apart from Emma, I have no one to rely on. Everyone sees me as a nerd.
No, I can't take any chances. Sometimes I ponder if I had avoided that accident, maybe I wouldn't have wasted five years of my life in a coma. Or perhaps I should have died in that accident, so I wouldn't have to face the oddities of my existence.

No, no, what am I even thinking? That's so ungrateful of me. Life has given me another chance, and I should be grateful, right?

I would be grateful enough if life granted me a 50 to 60% discount on weirdness.

"Ahhhh! God! What am I doing? Talking to myself... Isn't that just another way of being peculiar?"

Emma won't even look at me for being so unconventional. My parents don't even understand me.
Better I keep things to myself as I always do. I find solace in painting my dreams, allowing me to find peace and tranquility.

With determination, I rose from the corner of my bed and made my way to the study table across from me. There stood a blank canvas, waiting to be brought to life. Covered partially by a white cloth, it exuded elegance and potential.

Removing the cloth from the canvas, I observed the messy state of my table. Various shades of black, green, white, grey, and blue were scattered about, each waiting to be utilized. Fortunately, all I needed was a paintbrush.

Opening the drawer of the table, I rummaged through its contents, causing a small chaos in the process. Finally, my fingers found the perfect paintbrush, adorned with the rich and distinct shade of black and grey.

With precise strokes, I carefully painted the intricate details of the forest from my dream, bringing it to life on the canvas. It resembled the image I had envisioned so vividly in my sleep.

Entranced by the masterpiece I had just created, my gaze was drawn to the window, which showcased a breathtaking sunrise. As someone who appreciates the beauty of nature, this sight filled my heart with joy.

A sudden realization struck me, snapping me out of my trance. I emerged from my thoughts with renewed optimism.

"Holy shit!! "
"It's morning already? How delightful!"

Suddenly, I heard gentle footsteps approaching my room from a distance.

"Oh dear! It must be Mrs armelia.."

If she happens to see me up so early in the morning, she might suspect that I was awake all night. As someone who isn't typically a morning person, this could lead to quite a mix-up. She would surely complain to my parents, resulting in a lengthy lecture about the importance of discipline.

"Oh goodness... I can't possibly spare an hour for a lecture."

Without hesitation, I swiftly dropped the paintbrush I was holding, skillfully sliding it under the table with my foot. Then, I grabbed the white cloth that was conveniently placed on the couch, covered the canvas, and hurriedly made my way to the bed. With precision, I lay down, pulled the blanket over my face, and pretended to be fast asleep.

I could hear the soft footsteps coming to a halt at my door, as it opened slowly.

To be continued.........