CHAPTER - 5

Mrs Armelia entered the room with a gentle and quiet demeanor, making her presence known. She approached me with the assumption that I was fast asleep and spoke softly to address me.

"Miss Anna, it's time to wake up," she gently said. In response, I let out a small sigh and proceeded to act as if I were rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, slowly getting up. Mrs. Armelia inquired about my clothing preference for the day, offering to prepare it for me. "Something casual like jeans and a top that can go with it," I suggested. Mrs. Armelia kindly agreed with my choice.

Curiosity filled me as I asked about my parents joining me for breakfast. However, Mrs. Armelia regretfully informed me that Mr and Mrs jorden had already left early for a meeting with a company abroad. Slightly disappointed but accepting the usual routine, I requested Mrs. Armelia to serve breakfast in my room while I proceeded to get ready.

"Sure, Miss Anna," she responded. I then instructed Mrs. Armelia to inform Mr. and Mrs. Jorden, through Mr. Grey, that I would be staying back late at the university to discuss the arrangements for the fest. Once again, Mrs. Armelia assured me, saying, "Sure, Miss Anna." As I went about my morning routine,

Mrs. Armelia  walked into the closet to prepare my clothes as I headed into the bathroom, closing the door behind me. I eagerly brushed my teeth, washed my face with the invigorating face wash, and stepped into the warm, refreshing shower. It was such a relaxing experience. Afterward, I wrapped myself in a soft, white towel and took care of my morning skincare routine with ease. Feeling refreshed, I opened the bathroom door, only to find Mrs. Armelia patiently waiting for me.

Mrs. Armelia exclaimed, "Miss Anna, please hurry up or you will be late for college!"

I playfully replied, "Oh come on, Mrs. Armelia! It was only a few minutes past 6am when I went for my shower. My college doesn't start until 9am!"

Mrs. Armelia remarked, "Miss Anna, you took forever in the shower."

I confidently responded, "I'm pretty sure I only took 30 to 40 minutes."

Mrs. Armelia corrected me, saying, "You took 2 hours, Miss Anna..."

I exclaimed, "What?!"

I quickly shifted my gaze to the wall clock with its silver outlining. I was taken aback as I realized how late it had become. I was running really late for college.

I  made my way to my dressing table, eager to start getting ready. I quickly reached for my hair dryer and hair curler, determined to dry and style my hair beautifully. Meanwhile, Mrs. Armelia walked out of the room and into the kitchen to prepare my breakfast, closing the door behind her.

With a sense of urgency, I grabbed my favorite pair of denim jeans, a plain white crop top, and a stylish black leather jacket placed on the bed to complete my outfit. I wasted no time in putting on my clothes and quickly applying my makeup.

"After all, it's important to look pretty, right?"

Next, I hurriedly went to the closet to grab a pair of  shoes that would go perfectly with my outfit and some ankle socks. I swiftly put on my shoes and grabbed my bag before rushing downstairs, making sure to close my door behind me.

On my way downstairs, I spotted Mrs. Armelia holding my breakfast tray. Without hesitation, I took my sandwich and a tissue paper from the tray.

Gratefully, I said, "Thank you, Mrs. Armelia! Bye!"

However, Mrs. Armelia reminded me, "Miss Anna, don't forget your coffee!"

In a rush, I quickly left the house and noticed Mr. Grey patiently waiting for me. As soon as he saw me approaching, he moved towards the car door, holding it open for me with a kind gesture.

Mr. Grey: "Good morning, Miss Anna!"

Anna: "Good morning! If you could please hurry, I'm already running late for college."

While being mindful, Mr. Grey gently closed the car door once I had settled into my seat. He then proceeded to the driver's seat.

Arriving at the college just in the nick of time at 8:59 am, Mr. Grey swiftly opened the car door and graciously held it for me. Stepping out, I noticed Professor William waiting at the entrance of the University building. With a quick farewell to Mr. Grey, I hurried towards Professor William, understanding the importance of leaving a positive impression on him as he entrusted Emma and me with organizing the college fest.

This opportunity was a tremendous honor for Emma and me, as it presented a wonderful chance to gain recognition among our peers, both younger and older.

To be continued......