Chapter 1 - The Mark of the Spider

The wind howled through the desolate streets of Satellite, carrying with it the scent of rain. Dark clouds loomed overhead, casting an ominous shadow over the city. It was a gloomy day, one that matched the somber mood that had settled over Hana's heart.

Hana, a 23-year-old woman with brown eyes and flowing chestnut hair streaked with golden highlights, had spent almost her entire life within the weathered walls of the Satellite orphanage after tragically losing both parents in a fire when she was just 6 years old.

Martha, a kind-hearted woman who ran the orphanage, took Hana in, giving her a home, a family, and a sense of purpose. Deeply grateful, Hana was determined to repay Martha's kindness by assisting with the other children. As a teacher and caretaker, she found great satisfaction in teaching basic skills like reading, writing, and math, as well as engaging in chores such as cooking, cleaning, and repairing. Any task that brought joy to the children was worth the effort for Hana.

Yusei and Jack, two fellow orphaned boys, had grown up alongside Hana within the orphanage. They were her confidantes, partners in mischief, and the brothers she never had. But as time passed, the boys eventually outgrew the orphanage's limited walls and set out on their own separate journeys beyond Satellite. Despite their physical departure, Yusei still made occasional visits back to the orphanage, a reminder of the unbreakable bond they shared.

On this particularly stormy day, however, something felt different

On this particularly stormy day, however, something felt different. Hana stood vigil at the front window, watching as a helicopter suddenly descended from the darkened sky, its deafening roar piercing the heavy air. It landed just outside the orphanage, causing the children inside to huddle closer, their eyes wide with curiosity and excitement. Hana's heart raced as she caught sight of familiar faces stepping out onto the ground.

There was Yusei, his signature spiked raven hair with blonde accents instantly recognizable even in the muted light. Beside him stood Jack, platinum blonde hair gleaming under the pewter sky.

But there were others too...strangers to Hana. An elegant young woman with short blue hair stood close beside a stern-looking older man in a uniform. A lovely girl with long magenta hair walked with two children, a boy and girl who appeared to be twins.

Hana and Martha hurried outside into the blustery wind to warmly greet the unexpected guests. As they approached, Yusei stepped forward, a faint smile tugging at his lips.

"Hana, Martha - it's good to see you both," he said sincerely. "I've brought along some new friends I'd like you to meet. This is Mina, Officer Trudge, Akiza, Luna, and Leo."

Hana nodded and smiled warmly. "It's a pleasure to meet all of you," she replied, extending a hand to each newcomer. "Yusei has told me so much about his adventures, but I never expected to meet his friends in person."

"Thank you for taking care of Yusei all these years. He's talked about you often." Akiza said, returning Hana's smile.

Luna and Leo, holding each other's hands, smiled warmly at Hana. "Yusei says you're like a big sister to him. We're glad to finally meet you too," Luna said.