Chapter 2 - The Earthbound Immortal's Arrival

In an abandoned street, Yusei and Roman squared off. Akiza and Hana stood behind Yusei, ready to lend their support.

Yusei and Roman drew their cards. The two locked eyes for a moment, and then the duel began. Purple flames erupted from the ground, forming the shape of a spider that enclosed the duelists within its burning confines.

Back at the orphanage, the birthmarks of Jack and Luna suddenly glowed, signaling the start of Yusei and Roman's shadow duel. Martha guided the rest of the group into a nearby room for safety.

However, two girls, Molly and Anna noticed that three of their fellow orphans, Taka, John, and Mitch, were missing. Concerned for their well being, they urgently informed Martha of the situation.

Without hesitation, Martha and Jack rushed outside and saw the spider mark looming ominously in the sky. Martha ran off in search of the kids and Jack called after her. Trudge quickly joined Martha, determined to assist in the search.

Yusei drew his first card. He knew this duel would be tough, but he was determined to win. "I summon Shield Wing in defense mode!"

"Hmm...interesting." Roman chuckled and drew a card from his deck, studying it for a moment before placing it down on the field. "I activate my field spell, Spider Web!" he declared. The massive spider web appeared on the field, its strands stretching out to cover the entire area.

Roman grinned. "Whenever a non-insect type monster you control attacks, it gets switched to defense mode at the end of the damage phase. And it can't change its position until the end phase of your next turn," he explained.

With a wicked grin, Roman summoned the dark tuner, Spider Cocoon. Its presence sent shivers down Yusei's spine, though he remained focused. "Next I summon Dark Spider!" Roman declared. "And with its effect, I can raise Spider Cocoon's Level to 7!"

Then Roman initiated a dark synchro summon. He chanted hauntingly: "When the shadows are devoured by even darker shadows, the curtain pulls back and reveals a world without light! Come forth, Underground Arachnid!"

An ominous aura enveloped the field and a massive spider-like creature emerged.

Roman wasted no time activating Underground Arachnid's effect. "Once per turn, I can select a monster on your field, and equip it to my Arachnid and I choose your Shield Wing!" he shouted.

A web shot out from Underground Arachnid's mouth. It wrapped around Shield Wing and dragged it to Underground Arachnid's side.

A sly grin crossed Roman's face. "Now that you have nothing to protect you Underground Arachnid can attack directly!" he ordered.

The monstrous creature lunged forward, tossing Yusei back and causing his life points to plummet to 1600.

"No!" Akiza cried out as Yusei's life points dropped drastically. She clenched her fists tightly, feeling powerless to help from the sidelines. Hana stood next to her, gripping her arm in comfort.

"Yusei..." Akiza said under her breath.

Hana squeezed Akiza's arm reassuringly. "He can do this," she said firmly. "I've seen Yusei get out of tougher situations than this."

Akiza took a deep breath and nodded "You're right. Yusei won't be beaten that easily."

"It's my move!" Yusei pushed himself off the ground and drew his next card. "I summon Road Synchron!"

As the tuner appeared, Yusei's strategy took shape. He then activated the spell One for One. "By discarding Quillbolt Hedgehog, I can special summon Tuning Supporter! Tuning Supporter's level increases to 2!" Yusei continued, "I tune my monsters together and synchro summon Road Fighter!"