Rose

I opened my eyes to see dim lights. It was night, but—was I outside or inside? I tried to investigate, but I was tied down—to a wooden chair. My headset was gone, too. I scowled and looked up. Thorn—and another, older boy. He looked about Winchester's age. At the thought of my brother, I panicked and looked around. He was about a foot away, his head down in a chair. He was always down when he was caught.

I looked back up. Thorn was looking straight ahead. Not at me, not at Winchester, not at anyone. The man beside him, though, was smiling while looking from me to my brother. "I'm surprised how easily you two found out about us, the mafia...alas, now that someone knows about us, and is willing to stop us," he grinned, "you two will have to die."

I groaned, feeling helpless. "Please don't kill us." The man shot me a glare.

"Oh, please, Thorn told me how convincing you are. It won't look on me, Sweetheart." I scrunched up my nose at the nickname. It was probably supposed to be childish, but it was really creepy.

My brother looked up. "God, you really love to blab on and on and on. No wonder your fiancé hates your guts." The man scowled.

"That's not true...we're in love." Winchester smirked. My brother. Smirked.

"That's not what she was saying when her lips were against mine," he said. He laughed. I looked at my brother in disgust.

"Oh, my God, Win. You're drunk." Austin was dying of laughter tied up in his seat.

"No, no I am not."

I smiled. I've never seen my brother drunk. "You're totally drunk."

The man in front of us looked angry. He narrowed his eyes at Winchester. "Get her name out of your mouth!" He shouted. With these anger issues, this was probably the worst mafia ever. 

"And get me out of this chair. You couldn't pick a recliner or something?" The man was furious now—just my plan. He pulled out a red jug of liquid and popped the cap off. I raised an eyebrow. He began to pour the liquid in a circle around me and my brother, and he also poured it on our clothes. That's when I realized it was gasoline. My eyes widened.

"Wait, you don't—" I started, but I was cut off when he threw the jug to the side.

He took something out of his pocket. It was a small box, probably matches. My heart thumped. This wasn't my plan—I struggled to get out of the chair, but it wouldn't budge. The leader of the mafia smirked when he lit the match. Me and Austin looked at each other with a panicked look. 

I looked at Thorn, expecting the traitor to do something. He looked at his boss with an odd expression. "Maybe we should just—" With one shot of a look from his boss, he quieted down. I glared at him and looked back at the leader of the mafia. "Never mind."

"Let's not waste any more time," the man said. He smiled. "Any last words?" After me and Austin both stayed quiet, he shrugged. "Fine then." 

And he tossed the match. "No!" I shouted. My eyes widened. Thorn and the brunette man both left the area and walked out of sight.

The fire spread quickly, but nothing had gotten on our clothes just yet. I had to think quick. I looked at my brother. "Do you have a plan?" I shouted. He looked around.

"I can't think of anything! We have to think quick, it's only a matter of time before it catches on us, act fast! Come on, think!" I closed my eyes and thought hard. I opened them and grinned when I thought of something. Looking back, there was enough room between me and the circle of fire for me to lay completely flat. Given the information, I leaned back in my chair.

I didn't fall, but on the second push, I fell flat on my back. The chair, being old, broke pretty easily. The legs fell off, setting my legs free first, but after I threw myself on the ground again, my hands broke free, too. I wasted no time standing up to untie my brother. Luckily, he had one of his mission suits on, which was fire proof. Surprisingly, things like this happened a lot. I managed to untie his hands easily, but bending down to untie the rope at his ankles would make me get too close to the fire. Thanks to Winchester's free hands, he could untie them himself. Now, with the fire getting closer and closer, we had to find a way to clear a path. 

Winchester

I looked at the dry ground below me, which hasn't yet been soaked with gasoline. It was soft dirt, almost soft enough to be sand, but enough so that I could dig it up with my hands.

"We can put out the fire with the dirt. It hasn't gotten too tall yet." Rose nodded and we both instantly began kicking dirt into one area of the fire. It noticeably began to thin out, until it was thin enough for me to—well, push my sister through. With my 'firefighter' suit, as me and Rose always joked, I ran through the fire easily, without the risk of being burned. Luckily, the exit wasn't blocked with fire, so me and Rose ran through.

In the doorway was what looked like an under construction building. The walls hadn't even been  put up yet. When we stood in the doorway, one of the wooden beams cracked and snapped in half beside us, catching on fire. My eyes widened. "Rose, go!" I hurried her along. Both of us ran through the burning, deconstructing building, trying to find the exit. As we ran, the wooden beams holding everything up quickly caught on fire.

Once we reached an end of what seemed to be a hall, there were two other 'hallways' turning either way, left or right. Rose looked beyond the beams. "Look, I can see the entrance to the mafia base down there, this way!" She turned left, and hesitantly, I followed her. The fire continued to follow us quickly.

The hallway thickened out until there was another doorway just a few feet ahead. The exit. I rushed forward, but was blocked by an enormous wooden beam that broke and fell just in front of the doorway. Again, fire surrounded us. Then Rose pushed me.

I fell forward, through the half of the doorway that wasn't blocked with fire, before catching myself outside, safe and sound. I looked back at the room, panicking. Rose was looking around and then stepping back. I shouted something to her right before she ran forward and dove through the burning doorway. She rolled forward and landed on her feet right in front of me. I noticed a small spark on her shoulder, which I brushed off before it could burn her. We both looked back at the building, which, much to our surprise, collapsed in front of us. We only jumped back a bit before it was all on fire—just a very large bonfire. 

My earpiece crackled to life. The mafia must have turned it off before they tied me to that chair. Karma's voice was in my mind now. "Just a few blocks away, police and firemen." Right on cue, the sirens of the police department and the fire department came into earshot. As people began to walk into view, probably wondering what was happening, me and Rose looked at each other and ran down a few shops, where my car was parked.

"Let's get out of here," said Rose, out of breath. I rolled my eyes.

"What do you think I'm doing?" I buckled my seat belt.

Rose scrunched her nose and made a mockery face at me, which I copied.

And then I drove all the way back to New York. We were safe, back at the agency headquarters. No new missions. For now, at least.