Chapter 22

Inside the Rogue Shadow, Jaune walks up to the Training Room Area. He brought with him two large Cases and laid them down on the floor, he opened the first one and brought out the Relic of Knowledge, placing it on the floor. He went up to the second case and brought out the Relic of Destruction, also placing it on the floor.

Jaune: Only two more Relics remain, one I can easily get. But the other will be quite difficult.

???: Difficult now, would you say?

Jaune sighs hearing the voice, he turns around and sees Summer leaning by the door, arms crossed.

Jaune: What are you doing here, First?

Summer: And I told you to refer to me as Summer, Jaune. After all, we are in this together, yes?

Jaune: Are we now?

Summer: Indeed. You know better than I do that if we fail, we not only will get the wrath of Vader, we will also have to deal with the Emperor. That is, if Vader doesn't kill us first.

Jaune: Indeed, and you know well that the Emperor will send his armies after us should we dispose of Vader.

Summer: See, you get the picture. Even your apprentice is smart as well. He seems to be doing fine without your guidance.

Jaune: Why are you here, Summer?

Summer: To know what you have planned after this, you know we are heading to Vale to retrieve the Relic. After that, we head for Atlas, and no doubt that would be an inconvenience due to the Atlas Army and what's left of Ozpin's Inner Circle.

Jaune: With the Army we have at our disposal, it will not be a problem.

Summer: I know, but what will you do once we acquire all the Relics?

Jaune: And why would I tell you that?

Summer: Because I'm here to help you, Jaune. I already told you I'm only serving Vader to avoid death. If I see the chance to leave, then I'll take it.

She got a look from Jaune, even if he is wearing a helmet. Summer can tell what his expression is right now.

Jaune: You are an Inquisitor, the First from what I recall. From what I experienced, you are either loyal to Vader or backstabbers. I have seen it firsthand and killed a few Inquisitors that wished to dispose of me. I believe you know what I'm talking about, Summer?

Summer: I do, Sith are known to betray their Masters and even Apprentices.

Jaune: Well, I'm not one of them. But I am keeping an eye on Adam, just to be sure.

Summer: And do you think he will betray you like the others?

Jaune: No, I have faith he won't. Plus, I did offer him a spot in something I have planned in the future. I gave him power and he owes me a debt.

Summer: And you are not going to tell me what this whole plan is? Do you not trust me, Jaune?

Jaune: Of course I don't trust you.

He walks up until he is inches from Summer's helmet.

Jaune: I don't trust you, because you are one of Vader's lackeys. You claim you don't work for him, but actions speak louder than words. Prove to me that I can trust you, then we'll talk. We clear?

There was a tense silence, the two Siths continue to stare down at each other. Not saying a word nor moving, until Summer broke the tension.

Summer: Crystal.

Jaune went up to the Relics, placing them back into their cases. Summer walks to Jaune and drops a case in front of him.

Jaune: What is this?