Chapter 23

Qrow: Sum-summer-how are you alive?

Summer: That is one of life's greatest mysteries isn't it? I will spare you the details and make this explanation short. I went with Raven to confront Salem and judging by my appearance, you can easily guess what happened. I held Salem off while allowing Raven to escape, but the results ended with me getting captured.

Qrow: How did you-how did you get out?

Summer: That's the thing, I didn't at first. I spent months in that dreaded Castle being subjugated to Salem's numerous experiments. One of them being the Hound.

Qrow: But how are you here?

Summer: Let me get to that!! During that time period, I was....let's just say saved by a group of Soldiers that I later found out where Imperial Stormtroopers, apparently they were sent to Remnant to scout out the system, find out what it is about.

Jaune: So they already knew about Remnant's existence beforehand?

Summer: That they did. You would think the Empire will fix me up, get me back up my feet. But no, they did the same procedures like they did with Jaune over there, and turned me into one of their Enforcers.

Jaune: I believe I know how Vader manipulated you into using the Dark Side of the Force. You know what mine is, and I believe yours is quite obvious.

Summer: Indeed it is, Vader used my hatred for Salem and the memories of her torturing me, experimenting on me, and the need for revenge. It is what fuels my power and intent to finish this task on my own terms.

Qrow: And you believe you have a way to kill Salem? Oz tried Summer and failed.

Summer: The difference between us and him, Qrow, is we have the means to get things done while Ozpin sits in this very tower doing absolutely nothing! Sending us to our deaths to fight a losing battle, but this time, we will win, count on it.

Jaune: What she speaks is true, Branwen. We have a weapon given to us by our Master that can kill Salem, guaranteed.

Qrow: Then why not just end it? Why wait? If you say you have a weapon that can kill her. Why aren't you going to the Land of Darkness and stabbing that weapon right through her heart?

Summer: Cause it would be that easy, Qrow. We already have plan involving Salem and you know what it is.

Qrow: The Relics...

Summer: Bingo! Once she realizes we have all the 4 Relics, she would gather her strongest Grimm and come right to us.

Jaune: Which will give us a chance to rain hell down upon them. We have a fleet up in the sky, Branwen. A Orbital Bombardment should be enough to wipe them out entirely.

Summer: Indeed.

Qrow: And what will happen when you get all the 4 Relics and defeated Salem? What's next on your list? What's next for Remnant?

Jaune: That's a need to know basis. Remnant's fate with be decided sooner or later once we've done our mission.

Jaune began walking out towards the Elevator, but stopped when an idea popped up in his head. He walked up to Qrow and used a Force Mind Trick on him.

Jaune: You will tell me if you've encountered Ozpin's next reincarnation.

Qrow: I will tell you if I've encountered Ozpin's next reincarnation. He is located in a farm somewhere in Mistral, goes by the name Oscar Pine.

Jaune: Thank you.

He looks towards Summer.

Jaune: You can do whatever you want with him. He has no use to us anymore. I will head to Mistral and retrieve Ozpin's Reincarnation.