E L E V E N

Excuse the badly written plot and mistakes. I got tired of editing.
OH! And thank you for 300 votes, 7.5k views.

We all got in trouble with the principal when we got to school, but got away without detention. The day went by slowly as I waited for my new job. By the time the bell ring, I must've pulled a lot of hairs out.

The director is shouting in the hallway as people hustled to get the equipment in place. The school building was usually hectic but right now, the tension in the air and the shouting plus the clanging of heavy metal makes it seem even more chaotic. I lightly tap him on the shoulder and he turn to me, red all over his face. His angry face subsides as he checked me from head to toe, nodding. He points to the bathroom.

"The outfits are waiting in there," He says. He is utterly mistaken, I think as I watch a girl in a uniform step out.

"I'm the one who called yesterday, I'm here to help with the equipment," I explain. His forehead wrinkles in confusion, looking at me from head to toe again.

"Really?" He asks, eyeing me as if he thought I was lying. "Jenn?" he asks, to confirm.

"Yes, sir. Where should I start?" I check the surrounding again, not knowing exactly what I should be doing from all of the commotion and the busy buzzing of workers.

"Ryan!" He shout.

A scrawny looking boy heads over. He is wearing all black, his t-shirt reading Nirvana on it. Nice taste. His skinny jeans are too big for him and I'm thinking he's a little too young to be working yet but he certainly has the height to make up for it. There was a bright smile on his face that follows to his eyes.

"Yes sir?" His smile doesn't fade when his gaze goes from me to the director and me again. "Is she the new girl for the video? Are you lost? Is your manager not here?"

"She's helping with the equipment, go show her," The director says, not believing it himself.

"Oh," he looks at me, surprised. "Come this way, I'll show you what to do."

We walk to the elevator. I've never used one in school before since injuring my leg isn't one of the things I do very often. The guy next to me, whose name I forgot already, whistles along to Jeopardy as elevator music played. When the doors open, Madelyn is standing in front of it with her manager, I guess, behind her. Her sour face grows into a cheeky smile.

"Oh!" She acts surprised, "Jenn! You're here! I'm so glad you could help us out!"

She's not worthy of my words but I don't want to be rude. "Yup."

"Well, good luck." She smiles again before getting onto the elevator after we get off. Before the doors close, I sense an evil smirk forming on her lips.

The guy next to me is in awe, not knowing what to say about it before going with, "Y-you know Madelyn Rose?"

"Somewhat," I say. He keeps asking more questions, go which I reply with no idea or I don't know. I change the subject. "Where are we going?"

"To the parking lot. The van has the equipment in there. But it's quite heavy, are you sure you can-" I cut him off by sithing loudly. "Maybe you can carry the smaller things."

The white van is parked right at the entrance and I watch as the guy climbs onto it and copy him, almost falling since his legs are longer than mine. He grabs wires and microphones, handgin them to me as he grabs a giant camera like ones those paparazzi use only bigger. I grab another box before climbing down again, following him back inside.

We use the elevator up and place the things down before heading down to get more. As we keep going, the things start to get heavier and heavier, but it's nothing I can't handle. We finish a while later with the help of some other guys who just arrived.