4

I peek out the curtains, there must be like 100 people here.
I start hyperventilating. I can't do this. They shouldn't be happening.
I can't believe I'm going to have to kiss him. The person who stole my life away.
Getting married was always my dream, because truly, Im a hopeless romantic at heart. But now I won't ever be able to get married to the man I love. I'll be forever, trapped to a cold, heartless man.

I close the curtains and go sit down on a leather chair. I need to breathe. I need to-
My thoughts are cut off by a new song playing on the piano.
"Here comes the bride" begins to play, and I stand up.

This is my queue I have to go, I need to open the curtains.
I can't- I can't- this is too much!

I close my eyes, steady myself, take a breath, and then I open the curtains.

I start walking down the aisle. Red rose petals cover the carpet. It looks of the roses are a path of blood leading me straight to Enzo. I look up in my eyes meet Enzos, his face is unwavering and emotionless.

It feels like my mind is detached from my body, my feet are moving by their own accord.

I finally reach Enzo after what seems like hours. I step up onto the altar to face Enzo, the music fades away in the officiant begins going through our vows.

I just want this to get over with and-wait, why did he stop talking what's going on? Why is everybody just staring at me!?

Oh. "I-I do."

"And do you, Lorenzo Corrigan take Samantha May to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do" he replies, his voice husky.

And so then reaches into his pocket and pulled out a ring. It's small but magnificent, and definitely not something that should be loose and one's pocket. It looks like it cost a fortune, with a big black heart shaped diamond in the middle, with tiny diamonds surrounding it.

 It looks like it cost a fortune, with a big black heart shaped diamond in the middle, with tiny diamonds surrounding it

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

I instinctively hold my hand out, and Enzo slides the ring up my finger. His movements slow and precise. And after the ring is in place, his fingers linger on mine for a split second as he exhales. Then he hastily pulls his hand away as though My skin burned his.

"You may now kiss the bride."

My eyes lock with his as he slowly moves toward me.

When he's only an inch away, his lips, about to touch, mine, he whispers, "Remember, we're in love."

I feel his breath fan over my lips, but before I can process it, his lips are already on mine. My eyes close as I feel his hand brush over my waist, his lips slowly moving against mine. I place my hand on his shoulder, unsure what else to do with it. He tastes sweet-sweeter than somebody like him should taste. It catches me off guard. I feel him murmur "mio Tesoro" against my lips. It's the same things he said to me a few days ago, and I still have no clue what it means... his lips suddenly left mine. And it ended just as quick as it started.

The crowd claps reminding me of their presence.
My cheeks catch fire, and when I look towards Enzo, he has a slight smirk on his face. It's barely there, but if you look close enough, you can spot it. This is the first time I've seen him smile-if that tiny curl of the lip can even count as one- and to be honest, it's kind of endearing... Or it would be if I didn't know he was a murderer.