Forty-Nine: Portkey

A/N: There are mentions/a very brief description of house elf abuse and implied child abuse in this chapter.

**

Friday, 3rd January, 1997

I had been laying in Draco's arms wide awake for the past hour. I barely slept the night before, because every time I closed my eyes, I was hit with nasty, unwanted memories. Usually what happened in Professor Lupin's classroom back in November or any argument I've had with Draco.

My spine was pressed against Draco's body, and I was just laid in silence, feeling the way his chest rose and fell. One of Draco's arms were draped over my waist and the other was underneath my head, almost like a pillow.

I was supposed to go home yesterday, but because the Ministry of Magic employees were still on their Christmas break, it couldn't get set up until today. Lucius had to pull in a favour from someone who worked there.

I was having to use a Portkey to get back to the castle, and it turned out that even a convicted Death Eater could get anything they wanted if they had enough Galleons and connections.

The only silver lining was I got to spend one more day with Draco. We did absolutely nothing yesterday, except simply enjoy one another's company. It was actually a really special day, all things considered. We ate at the kitchen island, and it was as close to being alone as we could be.

It was my birthday in two days' time, and I wasn't looking forward to it whatsoever, now that I knew I'd be away from Draco. There was a dull ache in my chest, and it was getting heavier by the minute.

Not even Draco stirring and bringing me closer into his arms made the feeling go away, if anything, it just made it all feel ten times worse.

"Good morning, darling. You okay?" Draco said in that delicious, gravelly morning voice, kissing my shoulder,

"Yeah, I'm fine, how are you?" I muttered, cursing myself for sounding colder than intended to,

"Don't lie to me, I know you're not, because I'm not okay either," Draco groaned, taking my hand in his and intertwining our fingers, "I'll never forgive them for making you go back to Hogwarts early and without me,"

I swallowed deeply, not knowing what to say back. So, instead, I just kissed Draco's hand that was attached to mine. He then in turn kissed my neck.

With our hands still clasped together, Draco slid our fists up underneath my pyjama top. My stomach rolled as his skin brushed against mine. Our hands released and he began tracing over the bumps of my hardened nipple with his thumb.

Draco kissed my shoulder, and he began kneading my breast with his palm. He was pushing his cock into the space between my thighs. I had to try really hard not to push back.

"Do you think we should, Draco?" I whispered, glad that he couldn't see my flushed cheeks,

"You're leaving this manor in a few hours, and I need you in any way I can have you. So, yes, darling, I think without a doubt we should," Draco said, his voice and low and deep.

His hand left my breasts and travelled down beneath my pyjama shorts. His finger slipped easily between my folds, and I moaned as he grazed my clit. I bit down on my bottom lip to stop myself being too loud.

"Get on your back and spread those pretty legs for me, baby," Draco demanded.

I did so without hesitation and Draco yanked down my silk shorts. He disposed of them down over the side of his bed. He smirked down at me, and my breathing was heavy with anticipation.