Episode 4 - It's a new Soundtrack

Arjim, I like you ever since I met you in junior high!” I muttered while facing him, with all courage I said it to him.

“Is that why you called me here?” he asked. I nodded and I noticed that he heaved a sigh.

“Dace, you already know that I have a girlfriend, right? So why would you do something like this?” My eyes widened when Arjim said that sentence, it sent me to the verge of fear.

“I-I know, Arjim... I-l j-just wanted a... proper closure.” I tried to regain my composure.

“Yeah, I wanted a proper closure for my feelings so I confessed. I’m not hoping for you to accept it, I just wanted you to know. So... reject me already.” I looked at him and I smiled.

“I’m sorry for what I’ve said earlier, but yeah... I have a girlfriend and that’s that. But if I did not, I would probably accept you.” He also smiled, my jaw dropped from his statement.

“Why did you—” I did not finish with what I’m saying when Arjim interfered with my sentence.

“I already have some classes to attend to, and no one will know about this other than you and me. I’ve got a reputation to protect, Dace, I’m sorry.” He uttered and he walked away.

I was left in the corridors, alone and with tears flowing down my eyes. I don’t know what to do, and I don’t know what to think about.

I gaped as I opened my eyes in pure shock. I found myself inside the room of the dorm that my Tita Eve brought me to stay, it was so dark yet there are lights flashing from outside.

It’s my third time dreaming about that confession I made a year ago. I wanted to forget about it but it haunts me in my dreams. I still couldn’t bring myself to forget the guy whom I was loving secretly back then.

I just ignored it and I first prayed to have a nice day ahead and I glanced outside of the room’s window. I’m staying on the third floor a five-storey dormitory that my aunt apparently owns, little did I know that she’s this gallant!

She gave a huge unit to live in without even letting me pay for its rent. I feel like I was the most lucky being in the entire world because of it! I’m being serious, I feel like Tita Eve is the definition of a real Fairy Godmother!

Each unit in the dormitory consists of two to three people inside but Tita Eve insisted that there shouldn’t be someone else with me. She said that it’ll only burden me if I have someone to live in this room with, and that I should take all the hindrances of living alone—how lucky was that?!

I could do my own laundry and I could also cook, everything was provided for me. There’s a washing machine and dryer in the kitchen area and there’s even a dishwasher! It’s ironic that she said that ‘I should take the hindrances of living alone’ but here she is, providing me a comfortable life!

I opened the door of the nearby balcony and the gentle wind blew right across my face. The breeze was warmer here in San Clemente compared to Sabani, but I do enjoy the scenery of the tall buildings covered by twinkling lights with a variety of colors.

I checked my phone, it’s currently four thirty in the morning. I don’t have the time to cook my own breakfast since it’ll be too long if I’m going to cook, I would be late for the first day of school today. Good thing that I bought some bread the other day when Tita Eve took me to the grocery store.