Episode 5 - I'm Ready for Combat

My eyes are still focusing on him as he tried to enter the classroom. Prof. Ellen—the professor who was speaking a moment ago kept her composure and she continued speaking, not minding Arjim at the door. Arjim gradually entered the classroom with an awkward smile on his face.

I bowed my head down and I quickly covered my face with a notebook for him to not notice me. Even so, as he was finding a vacant seat upfront, he couldn’t find any so he looked for a seat in the middle row. I then noticed the vacant desk next to mine and so, I shivered in complete dispute.

No, this can’t be happening!

I saw Arjim approaching the desk, I couldn’t speak or even lay a word when he came around and sat on the desk next to mine. I looked at Karma, she was just listening to Prof. Ellen’s intro so I didn’t bother to talk. I again looked at him, I gasped when he caught me so I looked away.

Still covering my face, looking at him from my peripheral vision, I noticed him frown. I gulped and I closed my eyes, I did pray to all the saints in heaven to just let the ground swallow me. Yet I was still stuck in this sticky situation, I’m strating to die out of nervousness.

“Now that you already know who I am, it’s time for you to let me know who you are.” I cried even more, I covered my face with my notebook and I hid it from Arjim’s sight.

“I have your class list here, there are only twenty of you, how small for a block but that’s that. People tend to choose BSEd over BEEd nowadays, so you’re the lucky ones who belong in this block.” Prof. Ellen smiled at us, reducing the serious aura replacing it with tranquility.

“I’ll choose randomly, stand up when I call you. Say your name, age and birthday, hobbies, likes and dislikes on people, where you live or where are you from, and why did you take BEEd and why did you choose San Clemente University.” She instructed and wrote everything on the whiteboard at her back.

I just closed my eyes praying that I wouldn’t be called first. To my unluckiness...

“Ellison, Dace.”

Fuck, no!

To all the people here, why was I called first?! This was a heck of a start, I am not liking the experience! I thought that it’s going to be a fun first time but why am I experiencing this tension all of the sudden? Furthermore, Arjim is now aware that I am here.

I stood, I looked at Arjim as I removed the notebook covering my face. I gave him a smile and I glanced at our professor to introduce myself, looking from my peripheral vision, I could sense that Arjim was shocked on why am I here—sa was I to him.

“Good morning everyone, my name is Dace Ellison, nineteen years old, and I was born on October twenty-one two thousand and five.” I began saying my name, age, and birthday.

“I have a hobby of writing down stories, though I don’t show my drafts to anyone because I’m too shy to. What I like about people depends on their personalities, the same factors on disliking them.” I added.

“I’m currently boarding in a dorm at Barangay San Roque but I’m actually from Sabani. I took Bachelor of Elementary Education because teaching has always been my dream and I wanted to prove anyone who underestimated me wrong.” I continued.

“Nice, please be seated.” She smiled and so, I sat as I took a deep breath.

“Next... Novicio, Arjim.” I noticed him standing and he faced everyone proudly.

“I’m Arjim Novicio, nineteen, will be twenty at December twenty four.” Arjim began speaking, his bright and demeaning aura struct me again as he spoke.

Our College TakeawayOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara