Episode 15 - Got Nothing in my Brain

A few days after that encounter at the library, Alay sa First Year 2023 finally commenced. I’m currently at the opening program inside the closed gymnasium of the school where the particular event is happening. This is a Catholic school called Saint Francis Xavier’s Catholic Academy, second most influential school here in San Clemente next to the SCU.

“Dace! Thank goodness you’re here!” I heard a familiar voice, and my expectations did not fail me. It was Arjim calling me, he carries his painting materials as he runs towards me.

“I lost track of students of SCU! Thank goodness I saw you!” I noticed him gasping out for air for all the running that he did, sweat forming on his forehead that he then wiped using his face towel.

“I told you that I’ll be with you today because I don’t know anyone here except you. You agreed but... why didn’t you wait for me earlier before going here?” he blamed me. I just looked away and I simply uttered.

“I forgot, sorry.” I said, I lied about what I uttered. I do know that he expects me to go to this event with him, but I was overshadowed by my fear and anxiety towards him again so I decided to hide from Arjim and totally ditch him. Even so, he found me.

“You forgot? But you promised me that you would accompany me here.” He pouted, I just looked at him with a plain face. He’s trying to make a cute impression but somewhat doesn’t suit his face. Damn this, Arjim... I’m the one who’s ashamed of you doing that.

“Stop doing that, will you? It doesn’t suit your personality.” I uttered in a bland tone. Arjim just rolled his eyes and he chuckled right after.

“I can’t help it, and by the way, this is who I am—a little bubbly and overacting than you think I was.” I took a deep breath after he said it.

“Let’s get this over with. The opening program will be done soon, am I going to accompany you on your competition?” I asked him, he took his gaze away from me and he scratched his head.

“Could you?” he then asked me.

“I thought so.” I left out a deep sigh and I bow down my head and covered it with my palm in disappointment.

“You’re old enough to go alone, Arjim. Don’t give me that outlook.” I grunted, I heard him laugh right after I said those words to him. I then gazed at him with a threatening look.

“What? I’m just messing with you!” he laughed again.

“Whatever.” I took a deep breath and I walked passed him. He followed me instantly, still yapping around the matter that he doesn’t want to be alone because he knows no one in this school.

“Your competition starts at 8:00, right? Which building was it again?” I asked Arjim as we’re walking down the corridor to the campus chapel. He looked at his phone as he replied.

“The email says Superintendent Serudo Memorial Building, it’s in the right side of the chapel, I think. I looked at the map earlier so...” I yawned as I rolled my eyes.

“Will you just take the way? Come on!” I let him walk first, we ventured the campus until 7:30 and we found the building we’re looking for.

“You’re here, now it’s time for me to go. I’ll tag along when I finish early. Better win or I’ll kick your ass up.” I threatened him, he just giggled and he suddenly patted my head.

“Hey, what was that for!” I complained, Arjim just kept patting head while laughing.

“You’re a happy pill. Don’t worry, I’ll win for you. Cling on that. Oh, and do win for me, also. I’ll rim you apart if you don’t.” He smirked, my heart skipped a beat as he said those, I noticed that my face suddenly went hotter than usual.