Episode 7 - Head First, Fearless!

My class in Math in the Modern world ended quite late so I’m rushing to the other side of the university because in there would my fucking next class take place. It’s in the Saint Hyacinth Hall, almost a kilometer from the Saint Mary’s building I’m in now.

Oh, for goodness’ sake, my feet was hurting from the same amount of walk earlier. I wore my black shoes because my rubber shoes never get to dry. Each time I take a step wearing my black shoes, I was like the Ariel from Hans Christian Andersen’s The Little Mermaid.

I took all the pain in me and I walked passed the halls to the corridors of the CoEd Building. The Education department in this university was like the whole campus of my senior high and it was only that department!

For my next class which is Understanding the Self, I’m going down from the fourth floor of the building I’m in now on to the Saint Hyacinth Hall which is by far, the farthest building to read in this damn department! I could die from asthma but I remembered that I don’t have one so I have no rights to complain.

“Dace! Wait up!” I heard Karma, she’s also rushing because she’s got classes the same time as I am.

She walked passed me with a confident smile and a fresh look, she wears her daily uniform but now partnered with a jacket because the weather is somewhat getting cold here in San Clemente. It’s starting to

Karma and I aren’t blockmates for some of our subjects so we go our separate ways, this time was quite different because their next class would be in the neighboring building also at Saint Hyacinth Hall. Yet the fact that Karma is wearing heels made me wanna throw up.

It’s just... how could she?!

I ran towards Karma to follow her, I wanted to express my tiredness and how much does it take to be a student here. I’ve been doing the same routine for weeks and my feet hurts from the continuous routine of changing halls, classrooms, and buildings every single class. A great culture shock, isn’t it?

I then checked my watch, thirty minutes left for the next class. It would be nice if I could just take a little rest from all that walking, I need to freshen up a little. Karma was ahead of me so she didn’t see me stopping. She went down the corridors and I was left in the stairs.

I sat down, massaging my feet inside the leather black shoes I’m currently wearing. With determination, I heaved a sigh. I just need to get to Saint Hyacinth Hall and everything would be over, it’s my last class of the day so I better be off. I’ll be dismissed at 2:00 p.m. so I have some free time to relax and do my activities and assignments.

Just as I’m about to climb down the stairs, I heard noises coming from my back. It was then, I was unaware that I’ll bump on someone in which I’m thinking is a senior. My eyes widened and I hurriedly faced it, only to see that person lying on the ground.

It was indeed a senior, his acquaintance helped him to get up before I could offer a hand. He stood up, making me at a shocking state knowing that he’s taller than me. I can sense the anger forming inside him as he gets up. I was left in fear after seeing a some sort of ribbon attached to his I.D card, I gasped upon knowing what it signifies.

The green-colored ribbon attached to his I.D is the ribbon of the Fraternitas Dominicana—a known fraternity in San Clemente University consisting of either juniors and seniors from different departments and programs. I’ve already heard a warning from Karma to keep my distance on these people because they are said-to-be resorting to violence once offended.