Chapter Three

I started thinking hard. I clicked the channel, that uploaded the video. It had tons of different experiments. What was happening? These experiments had less than 10 views, and were posted around the time the dissapearence started. That's progress! I started scrolling down. There were a lot of documentaries about science, that I didn't understand half of. They repeated the same word a lot. "The Backrooms". Sounds like a place. Maybe... No way! I typed in "The Backrooms" in google. It was a creepypasta. Huh? I clicked some random links, until I found a very interesting comment.

"Guys! What's The Backrooms thing about? I searched a lot but found almost nothing. The only thing I found, is about some guy that fell through the floor and was never seen again. Huh?"

'I got it! This might not be it, but at least I got something!' I saw another comment.

"I think there are some kind of invisible "portals" that you can fall through, and they can appear in random places."

I saw the "views" section, seems like only three people saw it. It's a very rare thing to find on the internet. There are only 2 comments about it.' I need to get in this place. But how? Where are these portals? And how to find them?'

I started searching the dissapearence places. Usually they were in someones houses, sometimes they were outside. 'I think this is enough for now. maybe I'l search something up later, but not now. I'm tired.'

°~°~°

The next day I helped Hilda get back home. She felt better than yesterday. It was a warm and quiet morning. I was pretty tired, I couldn't sleep at night. I was thinking about Violett, and what was she doing. What was she thinking. What was she feeling. When I came back home, I was really not in the mood. It was Saturday, so I had free time the whole day. Alan, was probably playing video games, like always. I sat in my room, thinking. I wasn't sure If I wanted to find out more about Violett. 'What if she is dead? That thought froze me. No, she can't. She is a brave and a strong girl. She is fine. She is FINE.'

I opened my laptop and typed in the password. I need to know more. I searched for hours, and didn't find anything interesting, until I saw this photo. It was a room, with several exits without any doors. There was no furniture. Ugly yellow wallpaper was covering the walls. The carpet was... weird. And the sealing looked like the one in my dads office. The lights were flat, and square-shaped. I was getting goosebumps from this picture. The title of it was siply just "backrooms". This photo was from over 6 months ago. Is this where she is? It looks safe, but I can feel something was off with it.

I closed my laptop and grabbed the biggest bag we had. Every second is a waste of time. I need to help Violett... It might be too late soon. I packed a rope, some batteries, a flashlight, a bandage from the medication kit in the kitchen, a few bottles of water, a sleeping bag and the newspaper. I sneaked downstairs, grabbed my wallet and headed to the store. I've decided to buy some food to go. Who knows, what's in this place? I entered the store and approched the shelf full of protein bars. I grabbed 10 big packs, which is 200 bars. I wasted 40$ on it, but Violett's life is more important. I also grabbed some energy drinks and a small sleeping bag. I would take a tent from home, but that's just too much. 

I retuned home with everything ready. Of course I didn't forget my inhalor and my phone. I decided to leave at night. Not to be tired, I went to sleep.

°~°~°

I woke up from the alarm. It was finally 10:00 PM. I ate one protein bar, not to be hungry. I thought, I would leave some clues, for the police to think I went missing with all the other people. 'I mean, in a small part, that's what is going to happen, right?' I opened the window, layed some books on the floor, and left the room. 'Poor Hilda... She is going to think both of her friends died... But I need to keep going.'

I quickly wrote a note for my brother. I can't leave just like that. "Don't worry about me. Don't tell anyone, no matter what. Love, Hope." I wrote. I slid it under the hole, under the door. He is definetly not sleeping. I don't want him to alert the others. I left the house, very carefully and quietly. I started running. The backpack was heavy, but I didn't want anyone recognizing me. I wore a black hoodie, to look like the kidnapper, in case there were cameras.

I knew where I was going. I know, it was a very risky idea, but I had to try. I approched a house, that I know very well, because I've been there over 10 times. Violetts house.

There was a tree, that if I climbed on, I could enter her room through a window. I know that, because we used to play like that. I started climbing the tree. It was harder, than before, since I had a huge and heavy backpack on my back. The window into her room, was still open, probably because the police needs to search for clues, and they didn't touch anything. I finally got to the window. I really hoped I'd find the portal.

As I stepped on the floor, I felt like a 7yo kid again. We used to play here all the time. I gotta get going.

I searched the whole room for anything suspicious. Under the bed, on the window... Everywhere. Suddenly I noticed the ticking. The clock! It used to be here forever. I came up to it, and touched it everywhere. It must be it, I feel weird energy there. The ticking was echoing in my ears, they started hurting a little bit. I tried to stay quiet, not to wake up Violetts parents. The ticking started speeding up.

I panicked. Was I loosing my mind? For some reason I started crying. I wasn't sad. I started getting dizzy. I stopped feeling the floor. Everything was black, I felt like I was blind. I couldn't hold it anymore, so I screamed. I screamed as loud as I could. And then It all stopped.

W̴̧͈̣͈̗̤͎͗̇̐̏̀̓e̸̛̙̬̜̝̍̋͆̕͜͝ͅl̸̲̋͋̐̉̇̊͝ç̸̰͒̃̒͊̎̑͑o̸͖͚͖̻̎͆͑͌̿͜͜ḿ̵͖͓̾̓̋̀̕e̷̛̖͉͎͖̣̬̒͋͜ ̷̲͉̤͛̅̀̏t̶͕͇̀̚ͅo̸͙͕̝̩͚̖̊͐ ̷̛͕͓̤̗̣̔͑̕ṯ̵̨͉̝̣͇͉͆͊̊̊̕ḧ̷̟̟̣̑̔͊͌͠è̸̡̖͓̝̹͍͌͒̍ ̷̯̘͕͇̀̕B̸̝̗̮̣̖̠̔͜a̵̬̅͝ċ̸͚͇̤̋k̸͙̂́̒̔͝ṟ̴̥͎̺̥̣͙̇̑́͛ö̵̧̘͚̤̕͝o̴̧̱̦͔̲̣͑͋̉ͅṁ̴̦͑̌͒͋s̸͒