Chapter Four

I finally felt something under my feet. I fell on my knees, shocked. Was I right? I couldn't think straight. My vision was limited, I couldn't see quite well. My eyes hurt, so I closed them for a moment. I think I was right! I opened my eyes again. The yellow wallpaper, moist and smelly carpet... Looks like it! My head started hurting like crazy. I looked up and saw the lights. They were making a very annoying buzz sound, that was making it hard to think . 'Ugh!' I started to feel normal again. I took out my phone. There was no signal. Weird.

"Violett!" I yelled as loud as I could, hoping for an answer.

There was no answer.

'What if she's dead, and I will die too?' - I thought, and froze for a second, scared to think about it. 'I will be alright! I just need to think of a solution. Where would I go, if I was Violett?'

I looked around. There was nothing but endless walls. Nothing else. I started to miss home. This wasn't worth it. But there was no choice anymore. I headed in a random direction, hoping for the best.

It felt like ages, as I was walking forward. This place is huge! There is nothing to talk about. Just walls and nothing else. The walls were all the same, and the lights started to make me freak out. Some lights were out. It was a bit dark in those places.

'How long is this going?' - I thought. 'I am never going to find her in this maze.' I looked around, in my backpack, even in my pockets. - 'Please, anything!'

"Ugh, I'm so sick of this! Violett!" I yelled again. No answer.

I sat down, my head was exploding of pain. The lights were making me go crazy. A single tear fell off my face. Then another. I started crying. This time for real.

'Crying won't help, silly!' - I thought to myself. - 'Keep going, and you'll find her.'

But I was too tired. I saw a corner, pretty far away from the lights. I sat there, not knowing what to do.

'First off, I need to mark the direction I'm going. I don't want to get more lost.'

I took the rope from my backpack and laid it on the floor in the shape of an arrow, pointing in the direction, where I was going.

I put the sleeping bag on the floor. I would never fall asleep on this disgusting carpet.

I laid on my back, and tried to fall asleep. The buzzing lights were making it harder. Am I going to see Violett ever again? Am I going to survive this? Did I bring everythting I need??

°~°~°

I woke up with a headache. I looked around, not understanding where I was for a moment. But then I realized where I was. I ate two protein bars from my backpack for breakfast. I packed the rope and the sleeping bag.

'I've got to get going.'

°~°~°

I was walking for hours, and everything was still the same. I've seen better days. My hair was all messy, I smelled, my knees hurt and my eyes were red. But Violett needed me. That was my only motivation.

"Violett! Are there...?" I yelled again. I fell on my knees. It was useless. I heard nothing, but the buzzing. I started crying. "What have I done!? I came all the way here, for nothing. She might be already dead! This is all my fault!"

I heard something. It was a very faint sound. 'Is that her?' I stopped crying. I felt Hope for the first time in this place. But then the sound became louder. It didn't sound human. It was like a siren and an elephant mixed.

I froze in one place. I had no idea what to do. 'Should I run?' As the sound became louder than ever, I knew I had to run. This was no human.

I started running as fast as I could. My heart was beating so fast, I thought it was going to explode. The heavy backpack on my back was making it a lot harder. I ran so fast, that I didn't feel the ground under my feet. When the sounds became a bit quieter, I looked back. I almost ran into a wall. I have definetly never seen such a thing. It looked like nothing I could ever imagine. It was a mix of weird black wires in a weird shape of a person. It smelled too, really badly.

I took a sharp turn to the left. I almost fell. I saw a weirdly shaped wall, that I might hide behind, before the creature sees me. I ran there. As soon as I got to the wall I held my breath. It was a bad idea, my lungs were exploding of the lack of air. I started breathing through my nose, trying to be as quiet as I could. I heard the creature getting closer. It ran past my shelter, screaming so loud, I didn't feel my ears. My heart was beating faster than ever. What was this thing!?

I tried calming down, by breathing slower. It helped a bit. I was safe. I couldn't hear the creature anymore.

'I had no idea there was a monster in this place! If I knew about it, I wouldn't say a word!' I thought. 'I have never ran so fast in my life!'

I would yell my friends name again, but I was too scared to. 'What if the creature comes back?!'

I was very scared. I would do anything to be with somemone right now. I needed someone to say a joke to cheer me up or hug me. I needed company. I missed my home. My parents, my brother... Even the school bully. I missed my soft bed... Hilda must be freaking out right now! She lost both of her friends. I really want to just tell her about everytihng. I decided, I will sleep here. I had no energy to search for a diferent place. I drank some water and ate one protein bar. I laid on the sleeping bag and closed my eyes.

As I started to fall asleep, I heard a noice of something falling, pretty close to me.

"Shoot!" I heard someone say.