Chapter Four

TAINTED ׀ CHAPTER FOUR

Into the Woods, a fairy sings

When I went into the living room a couple of minutes after our conversation Valentina was in the kitchen pouring a cup of coffee into a mug. I stared at her. She was in a puddle of light by the window spooning cream and sugar into it. Stirring it she decided to look up to me with a small smile. Her chocolate eyes brighten, and she nodded her head in her direction. She wanted me to come closer to her. I went to her like a puppy would its mother when it's time to nurse.

Her perfume was intoxicating just like a flower, roses perhaps. It was sweet and not too strong, and it was just enough to make me want to taste it just a little. I wondered if all vampires smelled so vibrant. If so, I would have a hard time keeping my fangs to myself.

Closing the distance between us Valentina draped a hand on my shoulder and stepped closer to me, so I could feel the heat of her body radiating off me. Dropping the hand, she settled it onto a new place and picked up my hand to place the glass mug into my palm. The heat scorched my skin but not for long. "Your father told me that you were quite fond of this beverage in the morning, " she whispered. It made a pleasant gesture almost seductive.

"I didn't know I could still consume human food," as I said this she laughed. Backing away she went to the fridge and grabbed a blacked-out cup with a lid and straw.

Sipping she replied with, "it has no nutritional value, but that doesn't mean it doesn't taste good. Sort of like junk food, but you don't gain weight. "

I nodded my head and took a drink of my piping hot coffee. It tasted like a dark bean when it had spread throughout my mouth with a splash of sugar and cream. It was Heaven, almost. The roasted goodness was something I could drink for the rest of eternity. "What do you have planned? "

"What do you mean?"

"For the day."

Taking another deep drink, she pondered on that. I rather have something to do than to stay here and transform. Trust me when I say this, I didn't want to do the second one.

After a couple of minutes, she told me that she was going to have to take me to her father. There are certain stages that I had to go through in their world, so it would be easier for me to be equipped. Plus, I didn't think she wanted me to have a tantrum again. I had scared her. I didn't want to do that anymore.

We had arranged for our journey to the woods after our drinks. She said that on the way she would make me hunt whenever I felt hungry.

When we went into the living room, I looked on the couch to see if my mother was still there. The white plump couch was empty. "Where is my mum?" I asked aloud when Valentina came into the room with one of my old backpacks slung over her shoulder.

"Your father put her to bed last night while you were asleep, and while we are gone, he's going to be watching her until her process is finished. They'll be joining us on your birthday." She said with an ease that made everything feel like it would work out. Hopefully, though my mother wouldn't think that she was seeing a ghost when she woke up.

Valentina had grabbed my hand leading me outside and handed me a pair of shades. The electricity that coursed through my hand when she touched me was on the verge of something pleasant and painful. She guided me to the woods that we had hunted in the day previous, and I was kind of freaked out about that. "So, do you know if those wolves are still there or are we going in there ready to die? " I asked nonchalantly.

She looked up at me with a ready smile in place and eased my worries, "I wouldn't let the big bad werewolves hurt you. Mark and I disposed of them."

"You killed them."