Chapter Fourteen

CHAPTER 14 | TAINTED

Reminisce

I looked him into his eyes and tilted my head to the side and I walked closer to him examining him closely. I had never even wondered a thought about him. I had honestly thought they would have killed him when they had found out that he had been lying with my mother.

His eyes followed my every movement and mines examined him curiously. At first glance, he looked like me but, in all honesty, I resembled him. "How do I know you're not lying to me?" I asked questioning him. I wanted to inquire for more information.

He smiled kindly, "That's a fair question if you're anything like me it takes a lot to really believe. You must actually have proof in order to believe anything." He ran his hand through his curls waiting on a response from me I assumed.

"Well, as the week has progressed, I haven't really been able to question anything. Everything has really been a shot in the face," I said pondering on the thought. To me, I could see everything evident in his face that was evident in mine. I couldn't deny him as who he had claimed to be. "I honestly don't think Valentina would trap me..." I sighed pausing. "I'm not sure of what not to believe honestly."

He looked over to Lord Draco, "Please leave me to counsel my child. Do not return until dawn breaks again." His voice was commanding in a way that would reign terror to armies.

My eyes flickered over to Lord Draco, and I saw fright in his dead eyes. He did as he was advised with a, "Yes, Kleitos." He looked back at to me with a smile on his face and said, "I shall return later." He then left the way we had entered.

I faced my attention back over to him with a polite smile. I wasn't afraid of him. "How do you know Lord Draco?" I questioned. It seemed odd to me that he knew my kidnapper.

He motioned toward the steel table and chairs. "Come sit it's a long story." Something about his voice made me listen; I was obedient to him. Like a submissive child. I followed his orders and him over to the chairs and took one to the opposite to him. We were looking at each other in the same gray eyes.

"Whenever you'd like to start," I said giving the floor completely to him.

He gave another smile to me and started, "This all started when I and Elizabeth laid eyes on each other. It was before Victor and her long met. I had met her when I had left the kingdom for holiday in Siren Cove up west for a summer. I will not bore you with the details of before, but it was a night to remember. I didn't pair with her cause I didn't sense it was meant. She was lovely we spent most of the holiday together while we were away. Once we had left, we didn't speak to each other again."

"So, if that was the case how was I born," I questioned while he continued to reminisce on his memories.

"I was getting to that my child," he smiled and continued. "We met once again when her family was sending her off to our kingdom. She was to bridge the kingdoms together so our father the King at the time would gain more men for his army instead of going into a war with theirs, in all honesty, was a treaty between the kingdoms. I didn't know who she was before. I couldn't speak up on what we had done. If I did, we would have gone to war for me deflowering their Princess without marriage. I stayed quiet. She stayed quiet. At the beginning of her stay, we never spoke. She stayed close to my younger brother. They took quite the liking to each other."

"They seemed well off I might even say. King Victor, a prince at the time, fell madly in love with your mother. She, I would say felt the same as well. After a few months of her being here my brother soon purposed."

"I would never claim to be an envious creature. When I saw they were off to marriage I was the first to congratulate them on their happiness. Our parents were happy as well that the treaty wouldn't be a burden on my brother."

He rubbed his hands together slightly smiling at me as he continued, "The night I and Eliza actually intertwined again was five years into my brother and her marriage. One night I and Eliza were up too late at a party, and we had got intoxicated. Victor and the others had departed an hour before. I was just going to be a gentleman and escort her back to my brothers and her chambers. But we had stopped at mine for a moment because I had needed to grab another coat the winter was just settling in, and the palace halls always were too cold if not inhabited by many."

"When we were alone, I had drunkenly started to speak about the unspoken time in Siren Cove. To my surprise, she had said she thought that was me. However, she never knew if it was. She had been too shy to have asked. One thing led to another that night and that wasn't the only night."

"It had led on for about a year until she had fallen pregnant. I was very apprehensive about what was to come of her pregnancy. I knew what I and she was doing was wrong. However, I did not think of a child that could have been born. The baby that had been conceived had died while it was still in the womb. We should have broken it off then. Victor at the time was being prepared to take the throne. Our father had passed around the same time the child did as well. He was very busy. Eliza was very lonely and sad. She needed more than what he could offer her."

"She kept turning to me when she needed her sorrows heard. I was always the ear that she needed me to be for her. I had grown to love her but not in the way Victor had. She still wasn't the one, but I didn't want her to be that fragile."

I listened to his story taking everything he said with value. There was so much more to this than Valentina had explained. I continued to listen.

"The affair lasted into the first two years as they served as King and Queen. That is when Eliza had fallen pregnant once again. That time everyone had their eyes on her. Everyone from the court knew that she was having the first royal baby. That would have been a beautiful time for her, but one of the guards that were loyal to my brother told him that he had suspected us."

"Of course, he had originally denied it, and killed the guard that he said at the time tarnished his Queen and brother's name," He stopped for a moment putting his chin in his hand for a second then moving it back to his side. "I feel bad for his death because it was true. Victor even confronted me about it before and I had told him long ago about the time in Siren Cove and he had trusted me that was all that had happened."

"When you were born there were obvious differences between you and my brother. You favored me. You smelt like me. I could not deny it any longer. You were my son and not his. Before I was able to explain anything to my brother, he rightfully tried to kill me. He had found me at once with a flaming sword in hand jarring it towards my heart. He had missed my heart and sliced the thin skin between my rib and my arm until the meat had exposed."

"That was the brawl of a lifetime. He even used his powers on me thinking he would render me powerless. However, I was far more superior to him that he was to me. I'll explain more about why that was later. But I had departed after our fight at dawn. I was going to return later that night. However, I thought against it though. I didn't want to cause any more harm to their marriage. I left for months until I had heard someone from the other kingdom had kidnapped you. I didn't believe it for a moment. I knew my brother had done something far eviler than that. I had snuck into palace one of the nights after I heard the rumor. I had asked around and some of my friends that I had inside said there was a new hand to the king. He was just a common knight. He grew to such status after the event quiet quickly."

"I had a feeling he had something to do with you or knew what had happened. I stalked after him for weeks learning his every movement. When I had finally had him to myself, I had no choice but kidnap him. He advised me of his plan, and I was outraged Victor had tried to kill you. I almost had killed Draco for even saying such devilish things. But he told me of the story of Oracle and that he hadn't slaughtered you."

"I know I should have gone after to you so you wouldn't have to grow up in a way that should not have been natural to you. But I couldn't expose or risk anything before you had turned into a full vampire. I had to wait for you. I wish I was able to make all the wrongs right between us. It will take time, but right now son. We do not have it. I wanted to let you know as of right now so you wouldn't dwell on something you cannot change."

"Moving forward I am going to teach you how to be the King, I know you will be."