Wattys 2023

When I started writing this story, it was just an experiment. I wasn't even sure if I could finish something in English by the deadline, but I fell in love with the prompt.

If you're new to the story, welcome. This was originally created for the 2023 Open Novella Contest, and it's the first story I've written in English that I've actually finished. I had no idea if it would be good or worth it. When I kept qualifying to the next round again and again, I couldn't believe it. Making it to the shortlist even made me tear up a little bit, not going to lie. It made me believe in myself and my instincts, and made me believe that I had a chance outside of my Spanish-speaking niche that I've been in for more than 10 years.

So, I decided to make it bigger and better, give it a chance in the big league, and see what the future brings. I know that the number of people who will find it is very low, at least compared to the Spanish stories I have, but if you're here, thank you so much for giving me an opportunity.

I've poured my heart into this story, wanting to create something that reminds people that love is real and can happen anywhere, everywhere. Believe me when I say this, after all, I met my boyfriend on the bus just like Chiara and Jasper met.

If you already know me and decided to dabble in this experiment (for the second time), the same way I am doing it: welcome back, I missed you, and now you owe me a kiss.

If you're new and have somehow stumbled upon this Hispanic weirdo who likes to say she has her own cult: hey, nice to meet you. I promise I won't bite unless you want me to. Shall we kiss to break the ice?

Either way, remember that I love you and always will.