Chapter 6

"Annyeonghaseyo!"  Sejeong said, flashing her million dollar smile as she sat down.

Hyoseop could vividly remember their first face-to-face encounter.  It was a casual team meet-and-greet with Director Park a few weeks before their script reading, and he was excited to finally meet her in person.  His close friends who knew her had nothing but great things to say about her.  When he heard she accepted the role for their drama, he was over the moon.

Sejeong was exactly as he had imagined - bright, friendly, positive and cheerful.  He also thought she looked much prettier in person than on screen.

He could not help but stare at her throughout their meeting.  Although he tried to act normal, his head seemed to involuntarily turn towards her direction whenever she was around.  It was as if he was in a hypnotic state.

There was no doubt that he was mesmerized by her.  He had tried to get closer to her during filming and was surprised at his own assertiveness.  He had never acted this way towards his previous co-stars before.   He also found himself acting unusually giddy and excited when they were on set together.  The corners of his mouth would automatically turn upwards, as if by reflex.

When they approached the last two weeks of their drama filming, he had made up his mind.  He was going to continue his mission to win her heart.  Although the make-believe drama was ending, he wanted their real life story to still go on.

***

It was Friday night and colder than usual for that time of year in March.  He had invited Sejeong to a 5-star Michelin restaurant for a celebratory dinner with a few of his staff that evening.  Although he would have preferred a one-on-one candle light dinner with her, he knew she would be more likely to accept the invitation if it was a group gathering.

"Congratulations on the upcoming launch of your own company, Oppa!"  

"Thank you.  It does feel a bit surreal."

"I'm sure you will be a great CEO.  Afterall, your only flaw is there is nothing you are not good at!  Anyway, thank you for the meal.  It was delicious."

"My pleasure.  Just spend your time on me, I'll spend the money!"  He said, in a serious tone.

They both laughed.  They knew they would never get tired of saying cheesy lines from their drama for years to come.   

As the group was exiting the restaurant and preparing to head to the parking lot, Hyoseop grabbed Sejeong's arm and pulled her aside.

"Hey, did you drive today?"  

"No Oppa, my manager drove me.  I was just about to text her.  She should be here to pick me up in a few minutes.  She lives around here."

"Actually.  I, um, just bought a new car recently.  Would you like to see it?  I can drop you off as well, I believe your place is on my way home."

"Oh you got a new car?  Sure, I'll come with you.  Let me text my manager then.  But do you think this is safe?  Does your car have tinted windows?  Should I put on my sunglasses?"  Sejeong said.  

"Haha.  Don't worry, it's dark enough, and we all have our face masks on.  Dispatch won't be able to get much money from our pictures.  And yes, my windows are tinted."  He smiled.

***

"Wow!  Nice car!  I love the grey interior.  It suits you!  You look cool in it Oppa."

"Thank you."  He said shyly.  "I love driving around the City.  One of these days we could go on a road trip together."  He looked at Sejeong intently to see how she would respond.