Chapter 11

Sejeong sat cross-legged on the floor as she stared intently at the television.

A few steps away, Hyoseop was preparing food in the kitchen.  He picked up an egg with one hand and cracked it into the pan.  The egg sizzled as he took out two cans of beer from the fridge.  

Suddenly he heard sounds of quiet sobbing, tissues pulling and intense nose-blowing.

"Sejeong?  Gwaenchana?"  Hyoseop rushed out from the kitchen, looking worried.

"Yes I'm ok."  Sejeong wiped her face as she pointed at the television.  

Sejeong was watching the 2019 Taiwanese drama Someday or One day.  It is a story about a girl who time travels to the past to meet her boyfriend who passed away from a plane accident.

He returned shortly with the drinks and side dishes and placed them on the coffee table in front of her.  He sat down next to her on the floor.

"This drama."  Sejeong said, "It really hits you to the core."

"It does." He nodded in agreement as he passed her a few more tissues.  "The time slip concept in this drama is interesting. It's a little different compared to About time.  But both stories have their own unique flavor and charm."

"Agreed.  I am sure I'll be balling my eyes out even more when I see your adaptation of it."  She said, resting her head on his shoulder.  She was referring to his upcoming drama A Time Called You, which was going to be released in September.  

"We'll be watching it together when it comes out, right?"  He said, "Let's spend as much time as we can together before your concerts."

"Yes we probably won't see each other for more than a month once I start my tour."  Sejeong pouted.

"Hmm.."  Hyoseop said, trying to control his facial expression.

"Was that a smirk?   You look suspicious."  She said while giving him a questionable look.

"No it was nothing."  He said.   "I hate being apart from you too.  I will call you every night."

"Alright."  She said as Doenjang snuggled between the two of them, "I'm going to miss my two favorite babies."

She hugged Doenjang as she planted a kiss on Hyoseop's cheek.

The truth is, Hyoseop had already been working closely with Sejeong's manager to coordinate their schedules so that he could secretly meet her in person during her two-month Asia tour.  He just didn't want to tell her yet.  He was also respectful of the fact that she wanted to keep their relationship under wraps to avoid jeopardizing the success of her long awaited comeback.  This was also why he had been extra cautious when responding to questions about her in public recently.

*   *   *

He recalled a conversation they had after filming a promotional interview.  This happened not long after they started working together on their drama, and they were still trying to get to know one another at the time.

During the interview, they were asked whether they would openly reveal or keep a distance from their boyfriend or girlfriend if their relationship was exposed.  

While Hyoseop said he would confidently reveal, Sejeong indicated the opposite.

"Hey, I was just thinking about your response to that question earlier." Hyoseop said, as the two of them were waiting in the dressing room.

"Which question?"  Sejeong asked.

"That you were going to keep your relationship a secret until you are ready to get married."  He said.