Chapter 8 - His Tail (Part one)

"Hey y/n?"

"Yes?"

"Can I tell you something?"

"Like what?"

"My story."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Flashback*

(Voice over) VO- My life was perfect. I had my brother. My friends. A home. Everything I could've asked for.

* * *
* *
* *
* *

Tall trees grew for miles. Streams and babbling brooks were scattered about. It was such a beautiful day outside. The birds were singing, flowers were blooming... on days like those... I should be sleeping-

"SANS!"

"Huh!- I'm up I'm up."

"SANS YOUR GONNA BE LATE FOR THE SHOW!"

"Sorry paps looks like I sssslept in."

"YOU ALWAYS SLEEP IN, AND STOP WITH THE ADDED "S"s WE NEVER DO THAT!"

"Ehehheheh... sounds like you need to fix your funny bone."

"SANS!"

"Ok, ok heh let's get going then."

Sans slithered off his warm stone slate and made his way next to his brother. Papyrus. His brother had a deep red orange tail, and his upper torso was sharp yet smooth to the touch.

A few inches later~

"What are we here for again?"

"METTATONS SHOW OF COURSE!"

"Oh-"

"OH LOOK THERE IS UNDYNE AND ALPHYS! COME ON SANS LETS JOIN THEM!"

They both slithered their way to their friends and curled up next to them in-front of the "stage" A.K.A. the best basking rock in the forest.

Other monsters started to make their way to the stage. Once the ground was covered with monsters the sun had already began to set creating a fiery background for the stage.

Suddenly the stage lit up with firefly's and out came Mettaton.

"Hellllooo my gorgeous monsters~"

The crowd of monsters cheered.

*One Eternity Of Songs Later*

"ZZzzZz"

"SANS!"

"ZzzzZ"

"SANS! WAKE UP!"

"Zz- HUH- wuh oh hey paps."

"SANS TELL ME YOU DID NOT SLEEP THROUGH THE WHOLE SHOW."

"Uhh no?"

"UGH SANS!"

"Hey Papyrus we're heading to grab some grub at Grillbys you wanna come?" Undyne cuts in.

"NO THANK YOU UNDYNE I WOULD NOT LIKE TO CONSUME THAT WRETCHED STUFF YOU ALL CALL FOOD."

"Alright Paps see you next time then."

"B-bye Papyrus a-and S-sans."

"GOODBYE UNDYNE GOODBYE ALPHYS!"

"See ya."

*Time skip*

It's now late at night the sun has set and the other monsters have gone to rest until the next morning. Sans and Papyrus have curled up under their slate home.

*BOOM*

...

*CRASH*

...

*BOOM*

"Sans?.... Pssss Sans! Did you hear those noises?!- SANS! Ughhhhhh"

"ZzZzz"

*CRASH*

"Huh?" Sans shifted in his sleep.

Papyrus slowly made his way out under the slate. He turned to look back at his sleeping brother wondering if he should try to wake him up again, but he brushes it off and starts to follow the sounds.

*BOOM*

"I'm getting closer I can feel it..."

Suddenly everything's quiet- *CRACK-* Papyrus looks up to see a giant tree falling towards him.

"AGHH"

He shuts his eyes closed- but nothing came.

*CRASH*

Papyrus slowly opens his eyes and is met with a sweating Sans.

"PAPYRUS?! What were you thinking?! You could've been killed!!! Your so FUCKING lucky I got here in time!"

Sans couldn't catch his breath. He was hyperventilating.

'He could have been killed'

'What if I didn't wake up'

'What if I couldn't find him in time'

'It would've been all my fault'

'I- man why is it so cold'

'I can't breathe I-I'

But he was suddenly met with warmth.

"Papyrus?"

"I'm s-so *sniff* sorry Sans."

They stay like that for a while until another loud sound was made.

*BOOM*

Both Sans's and Papyrus's heads turned to the direction of the sound.

"Come on we came this far might as well see what's making all this racket." Sans said while slithering through some shrubs. Papyrus followed soon after-

"OOF! SANS WHY DID YOU STop... oh.

Giant yellow beasts as tall as trees maybe even taller we're eating away at the greenery around them.

"SANS WHAT ARE THOSE BEASTS?"

"I don't know Paps, but I don't like them-"

*CRASH*

A tree fell just inches before the two snakes making them fly backwards due to the force.

"Ugh- paps... P-PAPS?!" Sans straight out and started to look around for Papyrus in panic. "PAPYRUS! - PAPY!!!!"

Suddenly Sans was met with another tall beast but this one was much more hairy and smaller then the yellow beasts. It notice Sans and started to reach for him. "PAPRYUS!!" He called out- but he was now in the beast's grip. Biting and squirming did nothing but make it squeeze harder. "AGghh..."

"SANS!" Papyrus came slithering out of the brush calling and pleading for his brother.

"N-NO PAP. LEAVE ME WARN THE OTHERS GET THEM TO SAFTY!!"

Papyrus nods while orange teas fell down his face. And red teas fell from his brothers. Papyrus turned and slithered back to the others he was determined to save them.

Sans watched his brother slither away. He could feel himself slipping from reality and into darkness...

*To be continued*

A/N

I'm back- Srry for the wait. Uhhh 20 more Mondays till Christmas.