Chapter 6

!contains mentions of alcohol! Characters are aged 17+

Y/n's perspective

Tonight, the seventh-years in Ravenclaw were throwing a welcome-back party. With my constant sneaking around last year to fight poachers and goblins, I've never been to one of the common room parties. Samantha mentioned that they could get a bit...wild.

After a long week of avoiding Sebastian, I just wanted to let loose and have fun without having to worry about him. I watch in the mirror as Katherine tightens a corset on me. To my surprise, she had insisted on giving Samantha and me makeovers for the party. It felt nice to be doing normal teenager things, instead of running all over Scotland.

"What do you think?" Katherine gestures proudly to our reflection.

I look over at the mirror. She had done an excellent job, applying subtle touches of makeup. I looked much more...mature. I liked how the makeup drew out my features. I tilted my head to the side, admiring how I looked. Next to me, Samantha beamed at our reflection. "Thank you, Katherine. We look wonderful." I smile at the eccentric Head Girl.

Katherine grins back. "Just one last thing." Katherine gently pulls hairpins out of our hair, leaving it loose. She adjusts it a bit, gently fluffing it. I always adored the feeling of someone delicately playing with my hair. "Perfect. Let's go."

The three of us head to the common room. The seventh-years had done a fantastic job decorating. The only thing lighting up the room were the twinkling constellations on the ceiling, as well as the constant fireworks from Zonko's going off. I watch as a silver firework explodes in front of me, bursting into tiny stars. I held my hand up towards them, admiring how they faded into the air.

"Beautiful, aren't they?" I hear a voice say. I turn to see Andrew smiling at me, drink in hand. "I'd much rather look at you, though."

I could feel a flush creeping onto my face. "Thank you. Katherine insisted on a makeover." I take in his appearance. A white collared long-sleeve, with a teal vest buttoned over it. "You look nice. If I didn't know you any better, I'd say you look like a proper gentleman."

Andrew gives me an exasperated, fond look. "I told you this. I'm always a gentleman, Y/n. Just not to Duncan." I let out a laugh at that, tucking my hair behind my ear. His eyes followed my movements. "This is the first time I've seen your hair down. It's mesmerizing."

Giddiness spreads through me. Before I could answer, Katherine clears her throat. I jump at the noise. I forgot that she and Samantha were still standing nearby. Both of them are smirking at us. "Sorry to interrupt," Katherine drawls, "but drinks are a necessity right now. Come on, Y/n. Andrew can wait." I give Andrew an apologetic smile as I walk off with the girls.

Sebastian's Perspective

I swat away Imelda's hands as she reaches for my hair. "It looks fine!"

"It's messy," She snaps back. "What's the point in dressing up if your hair is disheveled?" Imelda stares at my outfit, a simple black button-down with black slacks. I roll my eyes as we continue to walk to the Ravenclaw common room. Nerida and Grace were walking ahead of us, ignoring our bickering. "I'm surprised you even wanted to go to this party."