Chapter 13

Andrew's Perspective

I watched as Y/n sat in the grass with her niffler in her lap. A look of contentment was on her face as she gently brushed its fur. I've never seen her look so relaxed before. I can't believe I didn't notice how good she was with magical creatures until now.

As if feeling my eyes on her, Y/n looked up. I smiled at her. She looked so radiant under the glow of the afternoon sun. I marveled over the way her eyes sparkled when they caught the sunlight. I felt a swell of satisfaction as her cheeks turned pink. Y/n smiled shyly at me in return before turning her attention back to her niffler.

Y/n Lovegood. My girlfriend. The girl who made everyone smile.

It had been a few days since she agreed to go out with me. I still couldn't believe it. After admiring her for a year, I could call her my girlfriend. I felt as if I was walking on clouds.

"Ow!" I yelped as I felt sharp teeth in my finger. I looked down to see my baby niffler, Nyx, unclamping her jaws from my index finger. I scowled at her. I could have sworn she was glaring at me right back. Nyx climbed out of my lap and settled down in a patch of grass.

For being a Muggle-born, I always thought I did well adjusting to the Wizarding World. I wanted to learn all about magic the moment I opened my acceptance letter to Hogwarts. It was no wonder that the Sorting Hat placed me in Ravenclaw.

And yet, I always struggled with magical creatures. Even owls gave me a hard time. It had taken me a while to get used to them constantly swooping around.

I examined my finger. Damnit. The puncture wound was already bleeding. I wrinkled my nose at the sight. I knew I should have been paying attention to my niffler, but how could I when Y/n was sitting two feet away from me? Sighing, I dug my wand out of my robes.

"You alright?" Y/n's soft voice made me jump. I saw her staring at me as she cradled her niffler in her arms. I gave her a sheepish smile, trying to cover up my embarrassment. I didn't want her to see me being inadequate at something.

Y/n scooted closer to me. Her niffler squirmed out of her arms and paddled over to Nyx. "May I?" She gestured to my hand. I gave her a nod. She took my hand in her small one, examining the wound. "It doesn't look too deep." I watched as she reached into her robes, pulling out a vial.

I recognized the green liquid immediately Wiggenweld—a healing potion. Y/n uncorked the vial and offered it to me. "A small sip will take care of that."

I took it from her and took a small sip. Urgh. Why do potions always have to taste so nasty?

After the potion went down, I immediately felt a tingling sensation in my finger. I watched as the puncture wound started to heal. Wow. Magic never ceased to amaze me.

I gave the vial back to Y/n. "Thank you, Y/n. Do you always carry Wiggenweld on you?" I gave her a curious look.

Y/n stiffened. Her eyes looked to where our nifflers were snuggling together in the sun. "Um, yes. It's just a force of habit." She twirled a strand of hair absentmindedly. "I never leave my dorm without a few vials."