Chapter 20

Emma's P.O.V

The notification beside Regina's name is taunting me and I take a few more sips. My head is fuzzy and I simply don't care anymore.

Regina: Emma, please understand.

I want to be friends.

You know I can't break up with Robin.

Please answer me.

Fine, don't answer me. But just so you know, this isn't about you.

~~~

Emma's P.O.V

Day three of Operation Gina began with a terrible hangover. I spot the empty bottle of vodka laying beside the bed and groan. Why the hell did I drink so much again? I throw the covers back and slam my hand down on my alarm clock. I'm so frustrated. But then again, frustration fuels me.

I shower and dress comfy and get Henry up and ready as well. I have to remind him a few times to quiet down since my head is clearly trying to kill me. I brew some strong coffee and give Henry some cereal before grilling myself a greasy grilled cheese with bacon.

"Momma are you okay?" He asks, quietly this time.

"Yes Henry. I just have a headache." I tell him.

"Are you still gonna try and get Gina back?"

"Of course. What's next on the list kid?" I ask him and he puts his empty bowl in the sink before running to get the list I taped to the fridge for him.

"You got her flowers already?" He asks me and I nod. He crosses off that item with a crayon and puts his finger on the next one.

"Give her a CD." He reads out carefully and looks up at me with a proud smile on his face.

"Good job kid!" I high five him and he smiles even wider.

"Go brush your teeth and then pack your backpack. Your lunch is right here." I tell him and put his lunch kit on the kitchen table. He nods quickly and runs to the bathroom to brush his teeth. I down some water along with an Advil before brushing my teeth and shrugging on a coat. Henry comes out of his room dressed and stuffs his fairy tale book into his backpack along with his lunch.

"Mom I'm ready." He says happily and I bless every higher power that he loves school.

"Alright kid. I need to grab my phone and then we can head out." I tell him and he starts to pull on his shoes as I go into my room. I pick it up and notice Regina has left me another message. I go to open it when Henry yells at me from the door.

"Momma! Let's go!"

"Alright kid I'm coming!" I call back and tuck my phone in my pocket.

~~~

"Have fun kiddo! I love you." I say just as he opens the door.

"I love you too mom. Bye!" He tells me and I wait until he walks in the front door of the school before driving away. I head to the station and pull in, shutting off my car and walking inside.

"Morning." I say to Graham and he smiles.

"Hey. How are you?"

"I'm okay. Got a headache." I tell him and he frowns sympathetically.

"That sucks. I'll try to keep it quiet." He says in hushed tones and I smile.

"Thank you. What's on the schedule?" I ask and he shrugs.