Chapter 4

Emma's P.O.V

"We'll be seeing you tomorrow Snow. Have a good night and tell David I say hi." I tell her and her eyes widen a touch.

"You know about David?" She squeaks.

"I may be new to town but it's still small and word travels fast."

"Make sure you don't get yourself into trouble. I know his divorce with Kathryn was messy." I tell her, slightly conc erned for the small woman.

"I will. Have a good night Emma." She tells me and Henry and I make our way home.

~~~

Regina's P.O.V

Earlier that day...

"Mayor Mills, Robin is here to see you." Tiffany tells me and I put away my papers so I can have lunch with him.

"Send him in dear." I tell her and she nods before leaving the room. Robin walks in a second later and I stand up to greet him.

"I brought lunch. You hungry?" He asks me and I hug him.

"Very." I say and go for the bag in his hands when his fingers grab under my chin. I stop where I am and look back at him. He's got a smirk on his lips.

"You forgetting something love?" He asks and I roll my eyes before pecking him on the lips.

"Satisfied Robin?" I tease and he nods.

"Oh very. Now let's eat." He says and I take all my papers to the table on the other side of the room and place them on a table. We could be eating here but Robin likes to eat at my desk for some reason. When I come back and sit down we start eating and a comfortable silence envelopes us. A few minutes later Robin sets down his food and looks at me.

"Are you okay?" I ask him and set down my own food.

"I just wanted to ask you about the blonde I keep seeing around town. I've never seen her around before this month and she seems to be taken with you."

"Taken with me?" I ask, confused as to what he's insinuating.

"I feel like she has a crush on you Regina. And you need to tell her that you're not interested." Robin tells me bluntly. I sit back in shock.

"Excuse me?" I ask, slightly appalled at his behavior.

"I know that she's an attractive young woman and I can tell she has her eye on you and I want you to tell her that you're straight."

"She knows I'm straight and that I'm with you Robin. No need to be like that." I tell him sternly.

"Well I just wanted her to make sure that you're spoken for. I love you Regina and I want you to be only mine." Robin says.

"Don't worry Robin, I love you too." I tell him, though for some reason the words taste sour as they come out of my mouth. We move on to other, less intense topics. Lunch is almost over when a knock comes at the door and I tell Robin to pause. Tiffany pops her head in.

"Emma is here with stuff from the sheriff's station."

"Send her right in." I tell her and she nods. A few moments later Emma walks in and smiles at me.

"Hey Regina I got some paperwork for you from Graham." She says but stops when her eyes land on Robin. He looks at her and then glances at me. He gives me a look and I do what I know I need too.

"Thank you Deputy Swan. I hope Graham did it right this time." I tell her and she looks at me with a confused look on her face.

"Regina who's this?" Robin asks me, feigning confusion. I hold back a sigh and move on with introductions.