Chapter 25

Regina's P.O.V

"I love you." I tell her sincerely.

"I love you." She says. We lay there just enjoying each other and the peace and quiet and I know this is what I've been missing my entire life. I may only be twenty six but that is too many years to go without a soul mate.

"Want to come take a shower?" I ask and she nods. We pull apart and walk into the bathroom together.

~~~

Emma's P.O.V

One week later

"Do you want me come back to my place tonight?" Regina asks me.

"Yeah sure. Let's go get Henry though. He's at the Lucas'." I tell her with a smile. After a week alone the two of us have sorted everything out and we are at a place I wasn't sure we were ever going to get too. It's better than I ever imagined. She still has to end things with Robin though and I know she's nervous to do so.

"It's over on Second Street right?" Regina asks and I nod. 

"Yeah. The house with the red door." I tell her. Once we get there I undo my seatbelt but stop to look at her.

"Do you want to come get him with me?" I ask and she looks surprised.

"Really?" She says and I laugh.

"Yeah of course. He loves you." I tell her. She smiles happily and takes off her seatbelt as well. We both walk up to the door and I knock. There is only a few moments before I hear the pitter patter of running feet and the steady clomp I recognize as Graham's.

"Emma! You're back." He says as soon as he opens the door and I hear a small squeal before Henry latches onto my legs. 

"Momma!" I hear a muffled exclamation from my legs and I look down. Henry looks up at me with a beaming smile and I pick him up with a grunt.

"My my! Did you get bigger while I was gone?" I tease him and he giggles.

"I hope so!" He smiles and then Ruby waddles out into the doorway. 

"Emma, Regina, nice to see you guys." She smiles.

"Ruby, when is that baby due?" Regina asks and Henry looks over to her.

"Gina!" He says happily before throwing  himself towards her. Her quick reflexes come to her aid and she catches him quickly with wide eyes.

"Hi dear." Regina says quietly, her lips pulling into a smile. I notice the way her eyes soften when she looks at him and it fills my stomach with a tingly feeling. 

"Baby is due anytime now. We're ready for it to get out." Ruby smiles grimly and I laugh.

"Google different things to make the baby come faster. That's what I did with this guy." I tell her, ruffling Henry's hair. 

"Will do." Ruby smiles. 

"Oh, how much for taking care of the kid all week?" I ask, going to grab my wallet out of my bag.

"Nothing, Emma! Seriously. Maybe one night you can take us out to dinner. But Henry is an angel, it was no problem."

"Hear that momma? I'm an angel." Henry smirks and I laugh.

"Okay kiddo." I wink at him and he laughs. "If you're sure then?" I say to Ruby and Graham.

"Yeah, don't worry about it." Ruby smiles and I hug her around her belly. She laughs at my attempt and once I let go her hand rubs over her stomach subconsciously.