Chapter 9

Emma's P.O.V

"I like Regina Mills." I whisper to the night air and almost drop Henry in surprise. I hold on to him extra tight and walk a little faster. Once at home I pull Henry's clothes off and put his pajamas on, his half sleeping form almost difficult to dress. I tuck him into bed and walk into my bedroom. I feel a bitter taste in the back of my throat, groaning at the thought of getting sick. My stomach rolls and I hurriedly get out of bed, running to the bathroom before throwing up everything I ate that day.

This is all Regina's fault. I can't believe I got so worked up I threw up because of her. I feel a fever start to come on and I start to sweat even while laying on the cold tile floor of the bathroom. I call Graham and let him know I won't be coming in tomorrow and ask him if he can take Henry to school tomorrow too. Looks like I'm sick after all. 

~~~ 

"Momma? You okay?" Henry's asks, waking me from my nap on the bathroom floor. I spare a glance to the clock sitting on my bedside table that I can luckily see from where I am. It's been only thirty minutes since I last threw up and I look up Henry.

"Momma's sick Henry so I want you to stay away from me okay kiddo? I'll help you get ready and then Sheriff Graham is gonna take you to school, okay?" I tell him and he nods.

"Can you go get dressed while I make you breakfast?" I ask him and he nods.

"Can I have cereal?" He asks as he walks away and I tell him yes as I sit up. I groan, my stomach still  beating itself up. 

"Good god I have to be the most unlucky woman alive." I moan, slowly getting to my feet. I shuffle to the kitchen and grab Henry a bowl and spoon as well as the box of cereal and some milk. He makes his way out wearing a dinosaur t-shirt and cargo pants as well as a green sweater. 

"God you are a fashion icon kiddo." I tell him, ruffling his hair. He smiles up at me and then waits patiently as I help him fix up a bowl of cereal. 

"When you're done what do you do?" I ask him and he swallows before answering.

"I put my bowl and spoon in the sink and go brush my teeth." He states and I smile.

"Good job kid. I love you. Get ready for school and Graham will be here soon." I tell him before making a nest on the couch with everything a sick girl needs.

~~~

Regina: Why aren't you at work?

Emma: What, no hi? No how are you?

Regina: Hi.

               Why aren't you at work?

Emma: I'm busy dying

Regina: You're sick?

Emma: I'm extremely sick. Now if you'll stop busting my balls I'm going to go throw up again and then take some anti-nausea pills.

Regina: Busting your balls? I'm appalled at the very sentence.

Emma: Want something else to be appalled at? Cause I will send you a picture of my vomit if you keep bothering me for no reason.

Regina: That's extremely disgusting. I was texting to wonder where you were.

Emma: Why Madame Mayor, are you concerned for me?

Regina: I'm more concerned about my town and its paperwork.

Emma: Ouch. That hurts. And I'm not talking about my stomach. Or my head. Or my throat.