Chapter 22

Regina's P.O.V 

"Gina!" I hear a high pitched squeal and look down at him. Henry runs down the path and grabs on to my legs, squeezing them tightly.

"Henry! Don't hurt her." Emma scolds and I look up at her. She's smiling happily at him and I admire the way her face softens when she looks at him.

"I'm fine, really. I've missed him." I say quietly and her eyes snap up to look into mine.

"Okay." She whispers and I smile. Henry lets go of my legs then and looks up at me with a bright smile.

"I thought I was never going to see you again." He says and my eyes widen.

"Of course you were going to see me again. We live in the same town Henry." I reassure him and he hugs me again quickly. He takes my hand and then reaches out with his other one for Emma. I get a sense of deja vu but I wouldn't have it any other way.

~~~

I walk into work the next day with two missions:

One; get all of my work done for the week today so I can take a few days off.

Two; figure out how to get myself out of the hole I dug. I think it's about time I stop denying who I really am and go out and get the woman I want.

"Good morning Tiffany. Follow me into my office please." I tell her and go into my office. I hear her footsteps behind me and I drop my purse beside my desk before taking off my coat. Tink takes it from me and hangs it up.

"Thank you dear. Now, I have a small list for you." I say and she nods, standing beside the desk as I dig it out. I hand it to her and she reads it over quickly. She's about to walk away when I stop her.

"Please sit for a minute. We need to go over a few things." I take a seat and she does as well. "I want you to read each item to me and I will tell you what needs to be done today."

"Number one, paperwork for the week." Tink reads and then looks up at me.

"I want to get everything done today."

"Today? Are you crazy?" She asks seriously and I laugh.

"Probably. I want to take the rest of the week off but I need to come back to a fresh week, not this weeks problems. So you and I are going to be working together today, understand?" I explain and she nods. "Go on." She reads off the rest of the list and then I tell her to take a stack of papers, read them through and highlight the important parts. I get to work and by lunch we've finished two days worth of work. 

"I think I need an assistant." Tink groans when we take a break for lunch. I laugh loudly and she smiles.

"I've ordered the pizza; it should be here in about ten minutes." I tell her and she nods.

"So, you seem really happy today." Tink says timidly and I smile.

"I guess I'm just feeling better than I have these past few weeks." I say vaguely.

"I saw you out with Emma last night." She throws out and I look at her sharply.

"What?"

"The only time you get like this is after being with Emma or when you know she's coming." Tink sing-songs and I roll my eyes. 

"Please Tink, she's a friend." I protest.

"Regina, I've been your assistant since you became the mayor. I know you." Tink says and I bite my lip.

"Well Miss K.I.A, tell me more about myself." I grumble, sarcasm dripping from my words.

"Listen Regina. I understand you are with Robin but I can see that there is something going on between you and Emma." She pries.