CHAPTER EIGHT: THE UPSIDE DOWN

Mike keeps shaking his leg and checking the time. After a while, he leaves the gym. After about five minutes, he comes back in. "They're gone." -Mike. "What?" -Lucas. "Nancy and Jonathan. His car is gone." -Mike. "They're probably just sucking face somewhere." -Dustin. "Gross." -You. "No! No way!" -Mike. "Did they go with the chief?" -Dustin. "I don't know" -Mike. "No" -El. "No? What? Did you see them? Do you know where they went?" -Mike. "Yes." -El. "Where? Where did they go?" -Mike. "Demogorgon." -El. "Guys, Guys. This is crazy. We can't just wait around" -Mike. "Mike, in case you forgot, we're still fugitives. The bad men are still looking for us." -Lucas. "Yeah and we don't even know where your sister is." -Dustin. "El can find them." -Mike. "Mike, look at her. I still think we should stick to the chief's plan." -Dustin. "Exactly. We stay here, and keep El out of sight and keep her safe. That's the most important thing. Remember? Besides, she's okay, she's with Jonathan." -Lucas. "Yeah, and she's kind of a bada** now so.." -Dustin. Dustin starts to walk away. "Well, where are you going? You just said stick to the plan!" -Mike. "I am. I'm just gonna go get some chocolate pudding. I'm telling you, Lunch Lady Phillys hoards that sh**!" -Dustin. "Wait for me!" -You. "Are you serious?" -Mike. "El needs to be recharged." -Dustin. 

You and Dustin walk to the cafeteria and to the back room, followed by Lucas. He opens a cabinet full of chocolate pudding. "Found it! I knew she was hoarding it. Always lying saying she's out, bald-faced liar. Mike! I found the chocolate pudding!" -Dustin. They all start grabbing as much pudding as they can. You carry a lot as well and you all try to stack up on it. You run ahead to open the door for them but see something worse, Mike and El. Mike hears a car and runs outside to see. Dustin and Lucas bring the pudding back to the gym and put it on a table. "This'll charge your batter right back up." -Dustin. "Guys! Guys!" -Mike yells from around the corner, running. "What? What's wrong?" You. "They found us." -Mike.

 You all start running down hallways and corridors. "How did they find us?" -Lucas. "I don't know but they know we were in the gym" -Mike. "Lando." -Dustin. The door in front of you opens and people in suits came through. "Go, go, go, go, go, go!" -Lucas. Mike pulls your hand and you run another way and through another door, more people come out. "Back! Go back!" -You. All of you try running down the remaining corridor but a woman and about five men walk from right there too. The woman pulls out a gun and behind you, there's men too. You look at the woman In front of you and her eyes start bleeding, the other people's too. Their eyes get pulled into their skull and they drop to the floor. "Holy sh**" -You. El falls to the ground and Mike lets go of your hand. "El. El, are you okay? El! Something's wrong." -Mike. "She's just drained." -Dustin. "No, no, no, she won't wake up. El! El! El!" -Mike. "She's barely breathing." -Mike. "We gotta go" -Lucas. "Leave her. Step away from the child." -Dr Brenner. "No! You want her, you have to kill us first!" -Mike. "That's right!" -You. "Eat sh*!" -Lucas. 

You all get grabbed from behind by a few men and you can't get to El. "Oh, no!" -Lucas. "Get off me, you idiot!" -Dustin. "Get away from me!" -You. All of you keep yelling and struggling as the man in a suit has El in his arms. "Eleven? Eleven, can you hear me?." -Dr Brenner. "papa?" -El mutters. "Yes. Yes, it's your papa. I'm here now." -Dr Brenner. "let her go! Let her go! You bas***d!" -Mike. The man starts talking to her as she looks around. "Bad.. Bad... Mike. Mike!" -El says, looking over at Mike. She starts struggling in his arms and the lights start to flash. "blood." -Mike. "What?" -Lucas. "Blood." -Mike. "The demogorgon." -You. The demogorgon comes out of the wall and the men drop you and all your friends. You all run to El's side. "Go, go, go, go, go, go, go!" -Dustin. 

Dustin picks her up and you run down the hallway. "Come on, come on, come on." -Mike. "Oh my god." -You. All of you run into an empty science lab and put El on a table. El grabs Mike's hand. "Just, hold on a little longer, okay? He's gone. The bad man's gone. We'll be home soon, and my mom.. She'll get you your own bed. You can eat as many eggos as you want. And we can go to the snow ball." -Mike. That last part makes you look up. You look at Dustin and Lucas and they're looking at you with sympathy. You feel so stupid for believing him when he said he liked you. You're not gonna cry when it's seriously not the time. You manage to hold it back but Mike doesn't notice. He doesn't take his eyes off of Eleven. "Promise?" -El. "Promise." -Mike. You're can't hold back your tears now as you hear gunshots and monster noises outside the door.