CHAPTER FOUR: WILL THE WISE

As you're running down hallways and hallways in an attempt to find Will, all of you are calling for Will. "Will, Will!" -Dustin. You turn a corner to see Will's mom, Joyce. "Dustin!" -Joyce. "Mrs. Byers?" -Dustin. "What's going on? Where's Will?" -Joyce. You're about to talk but Lucas comes bursting through the door that leads outside, "The field!" -Lucas. All of you immediately run out to the field and see Will standing there. From a distance you hear Mike, "Will. I just found him like this! I think he's having another episode!" -Mike. You all run up to him. "Will! Will! Will! Sweetie, wake up! It's Mom! Will!" -Joyce. You stand there stunned and look at your friends in the same position as Will isn't moving. "Will, wake up! Can you hear me? Will, please, just wake up. Please, wake up." -Joyce. It was scary and disturbing to see him like this. "It's Mom! It's me!" -Joyce. Suddenly his eyes widen open and he gasps for air.

You all walk out of the front doors of the empty school. "Okay, that totally freaked me out. Did that not freak you guys out?" -Max. "Yeah, it did" -You. "Two episodes in two days." -Lucas. "It's getting worse." -Mike. "You think it's True Sight?" -Lucas. "What's True sight?" -Max. "It's-" -You're about to tell her but get cut off. "It's nothing" -Mike. Joyce starts the engine of her car and her and Will drive off.

"Ooookay then." -Max. She picks up her skateboard. "Well I'm out. Cya" -Max. "Later, Max" -Lucas. "Yeah cya" -Dustin. "I'm gonna go home too" -Lucas says once Max leaves. "Yeah, same for me" -Dustin. "Well bye guys. I'll see you later" -You. They wave and get on their bikes and leave. "I'm worried about him" -Mike. "Yeah, me too. I hate to see him go through this when he's already been through all that other sh*t" -You. "Yeah. Hey, I'm gonna head home now. Wanna come with?" -Mike. "Smooth, Wheeler. Very smooth." -You

As you and Mike get to his house you tell his mom the usual but true story. Your parents are out of town and your brother is with friends. It was a peaceful night, you slept in the basement but barely got any sleep. You and Mike talked almost all night, nothing in particular, just talking. Talking until you eventually fall asleep on the basement couch curled up next to Mike Wheeler.

You're waken up by Nancy yelling from upstairs. You get pulled up by Mike and get clothes from his bedroom. "You have bad style but I guess I'll deal with it" -You. "Wow, rude." -Mike. "Just face the facts. You have a** style" -You. He rolls his eyes, "do you want breakfast or not?" -Mike. "Whatever" -You. The two of you walk to the dining room and sit down. Mrs wheeler sets out your plates. "Do you like those grapes, Holly?" -Mike. Toast pops up from the toast and Nancy stands up to retrieve it. "Hey mom, I was thinking about staying the night at Stacy's tonight? We're gonna have a girls night. Romantic comedies, do our nails, gossip" -Nancy. "Sure! Sounds like fun." -Karen. She offers toast to Holly and you continue eating. After breakfast, Nancy go to her room and leaves the house not soon after.

You and Mike bike to school and see Lucas and Max. "We have to find Dart." -Lucas. "But why like this?" -Max. "Like what?" -You. "This genius's plan is to dig through the garbage to find him" -Max. "It's a good plan! Where was Dart when Dustin found him? The garbage. Now, someone needs to get in there to throw the bags out. Then the rest of us can poke the bags to see if Dart's there. It's full proof." -Lucas. "I'm not getting in there." -You. "Then we'll draw sticks." -Lucas.

Lucas pulled the short stick

"Stop being a baby and do it already!"- Mike. (A/N: OMFG I ALMOST JUST CRAPPED MYSELF I ALMOST DELETED EVERYTHING AGAIN...) "This is so disgusting. Is this really necessary?" -Max. "If we wanna find Dart, yes" -You. Dustin walks from around the corner. "What the h*ll's going on?" -Dustin. "What do you think? We're looking for Dart." -Mike. Trash bags start shooting out of the metal dumpster. "Jesus!" -Dustin. "Oh!" -Max. "Ugh!" -Mike. "Okay, maybe it's a little disgusting." -You. You punch your nose because of the smell and Lucas hops out of the dumpster. "Well, we'll, well. Look who finally decided to show up. After I drew the short straw. Real convenient." -Lucas. "You stink!" -Max says to Lucas as she walks next to Dustin. "Hi, Max." -Dustin. "Hi?" -Max. Dustin turns back to the group, "Where's Will?" -Dustin. "He'll be here" -Mike. "Are you just gonna stand there?" -Lucas says as he tosses Dustin a wooden stick identical to the one you, Mike, and Max are holding. "Or are you gonna help?" -Lucas. You all start poking the trash bags.

The bell finally rings and you all walk to Mr Clarke's room. You take your seat, without Will anywhere to be found. "All living things, from complex mammals to single-called organisms instinctively respond to danger. Expose a bacteria to a toxic chemical, it will flee. Or deploy some other defense mechanism. We're very much the same. When we encounter danger, our hearts start pounding. Our palms start to sweat. These are the signs of the physical and emotional state we call... fear." -Mr Clarke. He continues with the lesson for another few hours and before you know it, it's finally lunch.

You and Mike stray from the group and walk to a nearby pay phone. "I'm just gonna check on him. It's weird he wasn't here today." -Mike. "Yeah, your right. And he's been acting weirder than usual. You think it has something to do with that day on the field?" -You. "Yeah, I do. I'll call right now." -Mike. He picks up the phone and punches in the Byers phone number. It rings. It goes to voicemail. The two of you run back to your friends. "Anything?" -Lucas. "We need to talk. AV room. Right now." -Mike. You all start running into the building and Max starts to follow. "Party members only." -Mike. "Come on, Mike" -Dustin. "No! This is non-negotiable." -Mike. "Sorry, Max" -Dustin. "yeah, sorry" -You. All of you, minus Max, rush to the AV room and take your usual spots.

"Will didn't want us to tell you guys.. but on Halloween night, he saw a sort of shadow in the sky. -Mike. "A shadow? Wh-what kind of shadow?" -Lucas. "I don't know. But it scared him.and if Will really has True Sight.." -Mike. "If he can really see into the upside down, maybe he saw that shadow yesterday too." -You. "So that's why he was frozen like that?" -Dustin. "Maybe." -Mike. "Can it hurt him? I mean, if this shadow thing isn't from our world..." -Lucas."I'm not sure. You guys?" -Mike. "Well if you're in another plane, you can't interact with the material plane,so theoretically, no, the shadow can't hurt him." -Dustin. "If that's even what's happening. This isn't D & D. This is real life." -Mike. "So what do we do?" -Lucas. "We acquire more knowledge. Lee and I will go to Will's after school. See what's going on. You two stay here and find Dart." -Mike. "Dart? What's he gotta do with this?" -Dustin. "Will heard him in the Upside Down." -You. "I don't know how yet, but he's gotta be connected to all this. He's gotta be. If we find Dart, maybe we can solve this thing. Maybe we can help Will." -Mike.

The rest of that day was pretty boring. You went back to class and after the bell rang you met back up with Mike. And you two bike to Will's house. You run up to the door and Mike bangs on the door. "Hello? Will! Mrs. Byers?" -Mike. Then the door unlocks and opens. "Hey." -You. "Hey, boys." -Joyce. "Is Will here?" -Mike. "You know what? Now's not a really good time." -Joyce. "Is he okay?" -Mike. "Yeah. You know, he's... he's just not feeling real well. He's laying down, so I'll tell him you two stopped by, okay?" -Joyce says as she's about to go back inside.. "It's about the shadow monster, isn't it?" -You. She slowly turns back around to look at you.

(A/N: omfg I'm finally done. Thank you again for reading, damn this was 1420 words lmao. Anyways I love u guys and thank you for 400 reads ❤️❤️❤️😭😭😭. This took forever to write and I'm already working on the next one 🤞🤞🤞 I'll try to get it out to you as soon as possible, hope you enjoyed the new chapter!!)