⍅7⍆

⍅⧫⍆

Y/n sits in the middle of her nest with Misuk in her lap as she absently plays with her fingers and sings one of her father's songs. It's quiet in her room, the others are spread out across the dorms getting ready for their day. Her omega presses incessantly against her temples to be let out, to be near her alpha, but Y/n doesn't want to disturb Chan or let herself be vulnerable again so soon. She thinks she's let her primal instincts take over her for long enough and right now, she just wants to cry.

Chan reaches out to her through the bond but she assures him that she's fine, even if she's not. It's a little weird having someone in your head all of the time, but Y/n is starting to get used to the extra set of feelings.

"Umma."

"Hm?" she glances down at Misuk who turns around to straddle her lap, pressing her small hands on Y/n's cheeks.

"Is Appa mad at me?" she mutters.

"Mad at you?" Y/n frowns. "No, baby. Appa's not mad at you. Why do you think that?"

Misuk pouts, leaning her head against Y/n's shoulder. "Appa was yelling. Is my fault."

"Misuk," Y/n presses a kiss to her forehead. "It is not your fault at all. It will never be your fault, you did absolutely nothing wrong. You hear me?"

The pup sniffs but nods her head.

"There's just a lot going on right now and Appa is really frustrated. He's angry at himself, not you. He could never be angry at you, never."

Misuk nods again as she silently cries. Y/n's heart aches at the sight as she holds her close, heavily scenting her. She moves them to the center of the nest and cuddles her close, settling a blanket over them to keep them warm.

Misuk is a pup who's very intune with the emotions around her. Her emotional intelligence is impeccable for a pup her age but Y/n knows it's her own doing. She's done a lot for this pup, taught her so much, and loved her with all that she has. She can't believe that Mingi told her that she wasn't her mother. She is her mother. No one else holds the title and it hurts that he just threw it in her face like that.

Barely a few minutes later, Chan walks into the room with worry on his face and she smiles, waving her hand.

"It's okay. She's just a little upset. I'm fine."

He lets out a breath of relief but nods. "Okay... I'm about to head out. Did you want to try the distance or do you just want to come with?"

Y/n lets out a shaky breath. "We can try. Go ahead."

Chan opens his mouth to respond but snaps it shut, quietly leaving the room. She hears him walk away and the pressure begins to build once again in her chest but she's able to ignore it, focusing her attention on Misuk who plays with the blanket in between her tiny fingers. The front door slams shut and she whines as her omega presses incessantly against her skull. She's shooting up out of bed before she knows it, the pain rakes through her veins. Y/n stumbles out the door and rushes through the hallway with a hand clenching her chest. "Wait, Chan-"

She collides with a firm chest, frantically pressing her nose into his neck as she scrambles to pull him closer. Chan wraps his arms around her waist, squeezing her close. "Nope. Not doing that again. I'm sorry. It's okay, I'm right here."

Y/n whimpers, frustrated tears filling her eyes as she lets the alpha scent her. "S-Sorry, I just can't-"

"I understand. You don't need to apologize," Chan squeezes his eyes shut to fight his own tears as he desperately runs his hands up and down her back. "Fuck. Okay. Let's get you and Misuk ready, okay?"