46

46| Twins?

Nobody's POV
August 15

For the whole day, Janet has been having bad cramps in her stomach. She called Jackie who said that it was just her stomach making room for the baby. She also told her if her pains worsen then she should come in. Janet rolled over on her side and saw her wife watching tv next to her. She smiled and Toni pecked her lips.

"How was your nap baby?"

"It was okay. I couldn't sleep properly."

"Aww baby I'm sorry that you're in pain."

"Me too." Janet got up to go and use the bathroom and Toni's mouth dropped.

"Baby you're bleeding." She said and Janet looked at her. Tears filled her eyes and she walked into the bathroom. She closed the door behind her and locked it. Toni sighed and got up, walking to the bathroom. She knocked on the door and called out for her wife.

"Baby—"

"Leave me alone Toni. Just call Jackie." Janet said with an attitude. She shouldn't be mad at her wife and Toni completely understood why she is mad. She grabbed her phone and called Jackie while she changed the sheets. There wasn't really that much blood on the bed so it didn't seep through the sheets.

"Hello, Janet is still in pain?"

"Umm yeah, I think she's experiencing a miscarriage." Toni said and heard Jackie gasp on the other line.

"I'm sorry. Oh my goodness, when she stops bleeding I want you guys to come in so I can make sure that the baby came out so I won't have to do a dilatation and curettage."

"Okay thank you."

"No problem. Once again, I'm sorry."

"Me too." She hung up the phone and fixed the bed. Once she was done she headed to the bathroom door. Before she could knock on it Janet opened the door in new clothes.

"Baby I'm sorry." She stayed silent and Toni sighed.

"Did you um, stop bleeding?" Janet nodded and Toni said a small okay.

"Jackie wants you to come in for a check-up, today." Janet slowly walked downstairs with Toni trailing behind her. King saw them and frowned. He knew something was up but didn't know what.

"Is momma okay?"

"Umm, I'll explain it to you guys later. We're going to the hospital, we'll be back soon." He nodded and his parents left out of the door. Toni tried to help Janet into the car but she just pushed her away.

"Jan—"

"I'm fine Toni." She took a deep breath before heading to the driver's side. They had a silent ride to the hospital before Janet spoke.

"I can't give you a baby." She said just above a whisper but Toni heard her loud and clear.

"Baby it's okay. We can always try again or—"

"I don't want to try again. I'm done, I'm not fit to give you a baby. Maybe you should find someone else to give you a child. It's not me..." She mumbled towards the end and Toni looked at her in disbelief. She stopped at the red light and spoke.

"Baby stop speaking like that. If you don't want to try again for another baby I understand that. I'm with you because I love you not because I'm trying to have you pregnant and on your feet. I love you, baby, I do." Janet nodded and leaned her head against the seat. Toni reached over and grabbed her wife's hand, squeezing it.

***

Janet's POV

"I'm just going to do an ultrasound to make sure that your baby exited your body." I slowly nodded and turned around. I didn't want to see nothing on the screen and be heartbroken again. I feel as if I failed as a mother and a wife. I can't give my wife a child, I'm an embarrassment... I slowly lifted my shirt and Jackie squeezed some gel onto my stomach. She then grabbed the probe and used it on my stomach.

"What?" I heard her say. I looked at Toni and she smiled. Why is she smiling? I looked at the screen and saw a baby. My baby? She pressed a button and I soon heard my baby's heartbeat.

"Wha— how?"

"Ummm let's see." She moved the probe around some more and I saw her nod.

"Oh, I see. It seems as if you were pregnant with twins and you lost one. It's called vanishing twin syndrome. When that happens the baby is usually absorbed by your body over time but since that didn't happen, you bled. Making that seem as if you lost the one baby you knew about. Part of your baby absorbed into your other baby." I nodded my head feeling a bit better. Losing one baby is better than losing both, the both that I didn't know about. I wiped my tears and sniffled.

After Jackie thoroughly checked me she refilled my prenatal vitamins and we headed home. I think we're going to have to tell the children now because I think King saw me. Knowing him, he probably told his sisters. Once we got to the car, I leaned against it and grabbed her hands. Toni looked at me and I pecked her lips. Pulling away, I spoke.

"Baby, I'm sorry for everything that I said. I was just angry and upset and I didn't mean to hurt your feeling if I did. I'm really sorry baby."

"I know you're sorry baby and I'm sorry too. I know you were upset and you had every right to be but all I was trying to do was to make you feel better but you didn't have to take your anger out on me. I love you baby and I understand your feelings. I'll always be here for you." I nodded my head and hugged her tight.

"I love you too baby, so much." She kissed my cheek and I smiled. We got in the car and drove back home. Toni opened the door for me and we were bombarded by our children.

"Momma, are you okay?"

"King said that he thinks that you were crying."

"I'm a bit better now. We have something to tell you guys." Toni sat next to me on the couch and our children sat around us.

"I'm pregnant."

Their eyes lit up, "You are?!"

"Oh my gosh. I'm so excited." I heard them say and I smiled.

"Please tell me you're joking because I will start crying." Azuree said and I shook my head.

"I'm for real baby." She hugged me tight and I rubbed her back.

"So why were you crying? You aren't happy?" Skai asked me and I nodded.

"I am happy but I was pregnant with twins and I didn't know. When I was bleeding, I thought I miscarried the one child that I have but I miscarried the one twin."

"Oh so instead of you having two babies you have one?" Desiree asked me.

"Yes, baby."

"Okay. It's good that you still have one baby." She said and I smiled.

"I'm sorry momma that you lost one of your babies. I don't know what to say but just know that we are here for you if you ever need to talk, including mommy."

"Aww thank you guys..."

***

•Thoughts?

Excuse any errors ✨

Excuse any errors ✨