Chapter five - All aboard the pain train!

The robots came closer and closer. There were way too many. Chester began dodging attacks again, slowing the robots down with his second special, Poco powerfully stroking the sides of his guitar, and Mandy running towards the attackers.

They defeated one robot after another, but it just didn't get any less. For every robot destroyed, three more seemed to come from somewhere.

A particularly large robot raised its fist. Mandy activated her superpower, aimed, fired... and missed. The giant's blow threw her back several meters. She wanted to get up, but the robot was already in front of her, ready to strike a second time.

Mandy narrowed her eyes, but there was no pain. Surprised, she opened them again.

Surge and Max, the heroes, and protectors of Metropolis, had appeared. Max had overpowered the robot and helped Mandy up while Mega-Surge launched himself at the remaining enemies with his super strength.

"I'm sorry it took so long. Are you hurt?" Max asked.

"It's okay," Mandy replied. For the fastest of all brawlers, it really took you a long time, she added in her head.

"The whole city has been overrun by robots, but these are the last ones I think." After destroying the remaining robots in seconds, Surge shrank back to his normal size. "That was the fifth wave of robots in only two weeks. That's not normal, is it? Something is wrong here."

"Maybe that's why Byron had to go. Maybe there's a problem at the robot factory," Poco mused while using his guitar to heal Mandy and Chester's injuries a third time. "If this continues with the robot attacks, Byron, Pam and I will have a lot of work to do."

commented Chester Poco's statement. "But why are the robots acting so crazy? What's going on there?"

"I don't know, but you should introduce healing candy to your assortment. You could make real profit with that," the musician suggested.

"Thanks." Mandy said, tired from the fight. "I'll think about it."