Chapter ten - Next time it will be Chester.

"Come on people, get a move on!"

Mandy, Chester, and Squeak fought against Colt, Emz, and Spike in the final mode of the Candy Land challenge: the jewel hunt in the mysterious mine.

A minute and 32 seconds had passed and so far, both sides were roughly equal. Mandy had already taken a lot of damage but also defeated the most brawler so far. She did even more damage than Chester, who couldn't help but annoy her even during a fight. Actually, she had wanted to ask Darryl yesterday what Edgar had wanted. A normal customer would have walked into the store and bought something. However, she had been busy chasing Chester after catching him gluing butter biscuits together with toothpaste.

Colt's shots just missed her. Angrily, she aimed, shot, and defeated him. The two jewels he had been holding dropped to the ground.

"Ha, next time it will be Chester!" she exclaimed contentedly.

"Hey, I'm on your team!" the prank master complained while coming out of a bush with seven gems, Emz right behind him.

"You want salt with that?" With a flourish, Chester opened his prank box and used his third Super skill to defeat Emz by poisoning her.

"You have been Chested!"

"Concentrate!" Mandy growled at him while a slime bomb went off in the distance. Seconds later the 15 second countdown appeared. Victory was within reach!

Just a few more seconds. Mandy thought as there was another rustle and Colt and Spike stepped out of the bushes. The two Candyland Brawlers bravely faced the cowboy and the cactus. Mandy raised her staff, took aim and...

BOOM!

***

The impact shook the earth, cracks ran through the ground. About twenty robots had circled the playing field and were all hitting the ground at the same time.

"What are they doing here?! I thought 8-bit reprogrammed them!" yelled Emz.

A siren went off somewhere, or was it an alarm bell? After all, they were in a mine. The robots were getting closer, Squeak's voice could be heard from behind them. He screamed? Did he call for help? The ground trembled, everything shook, Spike and Colt struggled to even stand on their feet. The cracks in the ground kept getting bigger, a gorge opened...

...and Mandy and Chester fell.