LOVE REKINDLED

AYAAN

•••

"Ayaan! Wake up!" And that's how Ayaan had to wake up with the yells of his sister and a toothy smile of his son, Amal.

"Na na" Amal threw his hands indicating Ayaan to pick him and he obliged it quickly.

"Well, your son doesn't want to have bath and I can't handle him. So you both father and son have your time." Dhanya, his sister, left his room with a dejected look at being ignored by Amal.

Amal, true to be a baby with angelic looks which were definitely inherited from his mother. From his hazel eyes to his dimple cheeks everything he got from his mother which always kept Ayaan in peace in absence of his wife.

"10 months, 08 days. I miss you wife, even our ray of hope misses you. My family wants me to marry again for Amal while my heart knows you didn't betray me. You can't just do that. Where are you Wife?" Ayaan muttered to himself while Amal was tapping his cheek and playing with his chain.

"Amal, you want your Nanna to give you a bath?" Amal though understanding nothing, nodded in yes rapidly and instantly.

Nuzzling his face into his little tummy and enjoying his euphoric laugh, Ayaan carried Amal to the bathroom.

It was Saturday and Amal being Amal never leaves his father on the weekends. Being away from mother in a such an infant age, made the poor soul attach himself to his father.

After freshening up, both of them came with covering themselves in towels. Ayaan picked up a black shirt and pink tee for Amal and got him dressed up after applying lotion for his baby skin and he got ready as well.

Carrying him, he walked to the dining room for breakfast. His father was seated in head seat with his mother on the right and grandmother on the left who has a dejected look on her face looking at Amal. Well, old lady couldn't digest the fact that her grandson didn't tell them anything about his court marriage and even had a child. But the bittersweet thing for her was, his so called wife being disappeared into the air after a month of Amal's birth.

"Ayaan give him to me and you eat. We all know that he wouldn't leave for the coming two days." Ayaan smiled and passed Amal to his aunt, Thara. Amal went to his favourite Nani who always rocks him to sleep.

His grandmother and father were stealing glances and looking at his mother frequently. "Amma, I suppose they want to say something."

Gayatri decided to break the ice, "Ayaan, I agree I didn't like your concept of getting married discretely and having a child as well. But it's been more than 10 months and your wife didn't return till today. Not about you, but think of your son. Don't you think he needs a mother and motherly love? And you? Don't you think my grandson deserves to be happy once again?"

Ayaan was frustrated with the same thing again, it has been quite time that his grandmother started the topic of him getting married again for Amal who she never touched or it was what he knew.

"If you think you can convince me, then listen me as well, I'm ready to marry again only if you can find a mother for Amal and not a wife for me." His tone was calm which raised the temperature more.

"What do you mean?" Vasudev asked his son. Ayaan looked at his father a cocky grimace and said, "Simple Nanna, she can be Amal's mother but not my wife."

"Are you mad? No girl would agree for that." Gayatri yelled and Ayaan rolled his eyes.

"As if I'm eager to marry some random girl."

"Okay then, I will find a girl like you want in a week and you will marry her." Kaushalya declared in a final tone.

Though Ayaan was surprised, he knew no girl would agree for this unless that girl is low or needy. The latter options can be tackled by him.

"You have my words Amma." He got up and walked to his room as tears were on the brim of his eyes.

He wasn't strong when it comes to her, she was his strength as well as weakness. A blessing as well as curse. A beautiful memory as well as a bitter past.

"I'm sorry love, in frustration I agreed with my mother but you know I would rather die but give your rights to another girl. My patience is dying with every passing second. I wonder how I'm mad till? Maybe because of Amal. I need you love." Ayaan leaned against the door looking at the beautiful photo of his wife.

•••

To be continued.

Ignore the grammatical errors please and hoping that you enjoyed reading the above chapter.

I just don't know why I wanted to write this but this plot wasn't leaving my thoughts since it entered so I had to write it.

Let me clear you, this would be a short story with less than 15 chapters. And I would try to finish it as soon as possible.

Any idea about what happened to Ayaan's wife? Where is she? Is she alive?

Keep reading. Keep guessing.

Till then. Namaste. Bye. Allah Hafiz.