FOUR

"Nanna, I will marry Ayaan." She decided.

"Roshu," Gautham whispered with tears. It's not how he wanted to get her married.

Saritha came inside the room and looked at her daughter. It's not how they wanted, but there wasn't any choice as well.

Roshni closed her eyes and the accident played in front of her. It's like she is reliving in another nightmare and wants to get out of it.

Only if she knew how much wrong she was!

Kaushalya and Ayaan were shooting daggers at each other. Kaushalya knew Ayaan would turn the table at the end of time and she had to take this drastic step.

Ayaan who had a peaceful morning till now hates the change of atmosphere. It's not like how he expected. He thought the marriage would be called off and now he can't even do anything as he was thinking of ways to cancel this marriage with Divya not with another girl.

He didn't know she had an elder sister as well. There's still an hour for the wedding, he needs to call off it.

"Ramesh, I want to know everything about the elder daughter of Dev in 10!" He had already ordered his pa when his mother declared her decision of getting him married to her.

"Amma, you can't do this. You can't change the bride like any random thing." He spat at her.

"But you can dig information about any girl like it's any random thing?" No doubt that he got the hypocrisy from his mother.

His tongue tied as he had no answer for her question. Dhanya came with a sobbing Amal in her arms. He immediately took Amal from him who pacified gradually.

"Ayaan, I will ask you three questions. Just three questions and answer them with sincerity and honesty. I will call off the marriage."

He nodded his head feeling loss of words. Did he just sell his bittersweet life for three questions?

"Do you love your son?"

"Yes." He didn't like to but other illogical thoughts and questions in the middle.

"Do you love me?"

"Yes."

"Could you imagine your life and childhood without me?"

Could he? She ran behind him to feed him when he refused to eat. She made him ready for the school and doing the house chores at the same time. She is the reason for what he is today. The personality he got and built was because of her. Could he imagine being lack of all that?

"No!" He whispered. It was hard to listen but the silence in the room made it audible enough.

"Then why are you refusing to give the same for your son?" Amal needs a mother's love but isn't him enough to shower him with both ways?

"My three questions are completed Ayaan. You answered the questions and I presume you know the answer then."

"When you answer the fourth question I will be ready with my decision." Kaushalya marched out of the room.

Amal snuggled into his warm chest with a cheeky smile which tugged his lips into a smile as well. Can he change his life and vows for his son? By doing this, was he giving up on his love? His marriage? His wife?

Difficult roads always lead to the beautiful destinations. They said it but the implied condition was to going through the difficult road to see the beautiful destination.

‹Here comes the law student in me 😎›

Can he? The words itself were trembling to come out of him vocal cords then how was he going to do that? The beautiful memory or the future which can be an horizon!