EPILOGUE

Date: 13.01.2024

"My son is looking so handsome" A squealing Amal kissed his mother's cheek in return for the compliment. Both of them were unaware of the jealousy of Ayaan who was standing at the threshold.

"Ma," Amal kissed her another cheek and messed it with his saliva though Roshini didn't care about it. Both were in their own world of relishing each other and settling the time they missed.

It's been months of that incident at Roshini's parents home and none went there again. The ladies and the youngsters gave them a cold shoulder and didn't ponder upon their living. Gautam and Divya moved out with their mothers leaving the home and respect to their fathers and grandfather.

In all this peaceful chaos, Amal turned one making the others happy with his antics and continued seeking attention from Roshini to steal his mother from his father.

"Ok, you stay here and I'll come in a few minutes." She adjusted the pillows but Ayaan beat it and scooped Amal into his arms so that Roshini can do her work.

Roshini smiled at him and walked towards the washroom to clean her cheeks while leaving Amal there who was looking or more like glaring at his father. Ayaan too returned his gaze and nuzzled his face into the little one's tummy tickling him.

The loud laughs echoed in their room and Kaushalya was overwhelmed seeing the happy family of her son. Both her sons were incredibly happy after finding their girl and what more could she asked for?

"Ayaan, give him to me and you get ready. They would be here soon and I don't want anyone to lay any question on my son." She nudged his shoulder and attempted to take Amal from him.

The little one was far more excited to leave his father unable to repel his tickle attack. "You... Don't come to me when you want to play ok?" Ayaan told his son who definitely didn't pay attention to him.

Who were they kidding though? Ayaan, who would immediately go to his son after a long day? Or, Amal, who would wait for his dadda at the threshold on every evening at 7 p.m.

"We all know the truth Ayaan, so stop ordering my grandson and get ready. And call Roshini after she is ready." The old lady left the room with Amal who was keen in focusing on the decor.

Ayaan walked into the washroom and saw that Roshini was cleaning her cheeks with the wipes. He knew, if not now, he would get her for the whole day.

Slowly approaching her, he snaked his arms around her petite form resting his chin on her right shoulder. Roshini gulped seeing his reflection in the mirror. It's been months yet still his proximity affected her as if it's the first time.

Doesn't she remember?

"You look stunning, my woman." He mumbled against her skin nuzzling his face in her neck. His hands gripped her waist hard and she held his hands in instinct leaning against his chest.

He affected her, and he knew that. Yet, he never failed to initiate the intimacy though they didn't go far more than this.

"Leave me," She mumbled closing her eyes as the heat was rushing to her cheeks making them crimson. "Anything other than that."

Though he didn't do anything other than holding her close to him, she couldn't meet his gaze again. There's a restlessness in her, inside her heart, that was hindering both of them.

Taking the opportunity, Ayaan pulled out the velvet box from his pocket and took out the diamond ring. "Open your eyes, Rosh."

Roshini looking at their reflection in the mirror. Her cheeks were red, chest was heaving up and down cause of heavy breaths, her hands still holding his and of all, she wasn't a one who unnoticed the velvet box on the counter.