SEVEN

"Ayaan, Who is Roshini?" Kaushalya asked him. Her tone was stern and so was her posture. She never had her son this vulnerable.

"My wife." His answer was simple and complex at the same time.

"Which wife?" She looked away when his eyes held the hurt regarding her question.

"My only wife."

Ayaan whispered barely. Kaushalya was flabbergasted by the sudden revelations.

"Ayaan, what are you saying?" Her voice was low and so was her spirit.

"Truth. And now please leave me Amma. We can discuss the rest tomorrow." Kaushalya nodded and turned around to leave but halted.

"Shall I take Amal with me?" Ayaan looked at his son who was sleeping on the other side of the bed.

"No Amma, he will wake up in the middle. Let him be here."

"Okay, but don't hesitate to call me if he goes out of the bounds like some times." Ayaan smiled and nodded. Maybe now his son doesn't do them anymore.

Kaushalya left the room closing the door and Ayaan looked towards his wife and his son, both were sleeping peacefully and for the first time after a long time, he was content.

Amal moved towards Roshini in his sleep as he does the same for his father. Ayaan smiled at the antics of his son.

Roshini didn't wake up because of the sedatives and Amal was tired of the whole day staring at different faces. So they didn't wake up till morning. Ayaan fell asleep on the couch looking at his world.

In the morning, the door bell rang and Thara opened the door. The person hugged her in joy before looking around for the others.

"Finally, someone decided to show up." Dhanya mocked and he frowned.

"Bro, konni konni saarlu ravadam late emo kaani, ravadam mathram pakka!" Mathew told the dialogue in single take which he by hearted the last whole day.

(Bro, sometimes I may come late but I will come.)

Dhanya and the family's jaws were dropped to the floor when he told the dialogue in his thick British accent.

"That's Mathew." He raised an imaginary collar. "But now tell me where that idiot is?" Kaushalya chuckled at him.

"He might be sleeping. You go and freshen up, till then he will come." Mathew nodded so that he could surprise him.

"Amma, where is Vadina? She's not there in her room." Dhanya asked her mother which Kaushalya to remember the revelations of last night. She didn't know to be happy or sad for her son.

"I know where she is." Dhanya nodded and followed Mathew obviously to steal the gifts.

"Thara, call Roshini's family and tell them that we will come to their place this evening." Thara nodded. She guessed that something was off with Kaushalya by her tone.

Kaushalya walked towards Ayaan's room. She knocked on the door but it wasn't closed. She opened the door. Amal was cocooned by his mother while Ayaan was sleeping on the couch in an uncomfortable position.

She sighed and shook his shoulder. Ayaan woke up with a jerk as he was a light sleeper.

"Amma, what?" Ayaan groaned in frustration. Already he slept late at night and now doesn't want to wake up early in the morning.

"Mathew is here. You go and freshen up." Ayaan's expression changed from frustration to displeasure in a second.

"Nice, only the presence of the monkey is left now." Ayaan grunted in displeasure.