CHAPTER NINE - THE CLOSER YOU GET

Synopsis: As Avocato tries to regain his memories, Gary discovers that he may have a way to communicate with Quinn through Final Space. However, this leads to the Team Squad having their first ever encounter with Invictus... Meanwhile, Tribore reconnects with a resistance fighter who has an ulterior motive.
_____________________________________________________

"PREVIOUSLY ON FINAL SPACE"

_____________________________________________________

"Oh, do I have fantastic news! The Team Sqaud wind up taking a trip 3 years into the past to retrive a dimensional key from the Lord Commander's planet of Tera Con Prime. Even thought we soon had to give up the key to Time Swap Sammy to prevent the flow of time from collapsing, he allowed us to rescue Avocato before he gave his life to save his son! However, the blast wound up taking away his memories, but I'm hoping he'll be back to his old self very soon.

_____________________________________________________

PROLOGUE 

_____________________________________________________

The episode opens with the Crimson Light exiting lightfold. Inside, Gary is seen looking at Avocato sitting at the table.

Gary Goodspeed: How do we get Avocato to recover his memory?

Ash Graven: On my planet, you forgot something, they'd tie you up and beat you with pain sticks until you remembered. And you did. You always did. "eye twitches"

Gary Goodspeed: ... Wow, great stuff, okay? Because w- We don't have any of those.

Clarence: I have a rack of whips. They're for pleasure... Giving and receiving, oh-ho-ho.

The Team Squad begin to argue.

Team Squad: Oh, my God. Just get the whips! Dad!
____________________________________________________

A FEW MINUTES LATER... (SCENE 2)

____________________________________________________

The Team Squad run into Avocato's room, wielding whips, much to his alarm.

Avocato: What the hell is this?

Gary begins whipping Avocato.

Gary Goodspeed: Aah, remember! Remember us! Ugh! Aah!

Little Cato begins whipping his father as well.

Little Cato: Remember me!

Gary Goodspeed: "whips Avocato" And me!

Fox: "whipping Avocato" Don't try to remember me! We've never met.

Avocato: "hisses in pain" What the hell are you doing?

Gary Goodspeed; Whipping you so you remember! "whips Avocato again" Aah!

Clarence: "whipping Avocato, while sweating" Oh, yeah! Oh, remember, Avocato! Remember!

Ash Graven: Can someone switch places with me? I don't really like being next to my dad right now.

Little Cato pushes Clarence out of the way, and continues whipping his father.

Little Cato: I'm your son! Do you remember?!

Avocato: Aah! "hisses in pain, and sees someone in the back" And who the hell are you?

Tribore has returned, holding a whip.

Tribore: The name's Tribore. I've returned. You're welcome. (to the others) No cheers, please. "whips Avocato" Wa-cha!

Gary Goodspeed: Tri-

Tribore: I said no cheers. I have something you need to see. Something urgent. But first, who is this dashing Ventrexian?

Little Cato: Oh, he's my dad. We're just trying to-