Chapter 09 - Inside the Room

Samson thought that he was the only person trying to get into the room, so he was shocked to find his brother and the school bully trying to get in as well.

Yes, even after the first attempt at getting into the room with Ben, Samson continued to try getting in - even though he promised that he wouldn't.

There was just something about the room that just kept pulling him back... So, during one of these instances, instead of being alone as always, Samson discovered Merula and Samwise.

"What?! What are the two of you doing here?!" Samson exclaimed.

"I could be asking you the same thing!" shouted Samwise.

Merula glared at the both of them, shushing. "You two need to shut up! Sullivan Two, are you gonna help us or not?"

Samson paused. So it seemed that they were also trying to get into the room, that was obvious. But working with Merula would be hard. Then again, this could be his only chance with getting into the locked room. "I'm in."

"Great," said Merula, as a familiar noise began to purr. "Sullivan, that's your cue."

Samwise nodded and approached Mrs. Norris with the vial of Sleeping Draught. "Here, kitty, kitty..."

Mrs. Norris screeched and ran away. "Oops." Samwise frowned. Merula scowled, "Somebody get that cat!"

"No need..." announced a voice. Samson looked up to see Penny and Samantha holding an asleep Mrs. Norris. "Oh h-hi Penny." Samson stuttered.

Samantha rolled her eyes, "Nothing for your own sister?" The two girls walked over, laying the resting cat down on the ground. "But- how? She never drank the milk!" Samwise asked.

Penny held up Mrs. Norris' milk bowl. "We simply just dropped a dose in here and it worked. I don't know why you thought she would drink it straight from the vial..."

Merula snapped. "That doesn't matter. We're here now. Now are we going to get into this room or not? Or are some more Sullivans going to interrupt?"

"Woah, what's Merula doing here?" questioned Samuel, walking in with Rowan and Ben.

"Oh my- AGH!" screamed Merula, "You guys are ruining this!"

"Sorry," explained Rowan, "But when Ben and I both realised he was getting spells from us, we had to find out what was happening. And when Samwise wasn't in his dorm..."

"By the way, Barnaby snores." Ben clarified.

Samwise shouted, "You watched my roommates sleep?!"

There were now eight First Year students in the corridor, and they all began talking amongst each other. It was all too much for Samson. He felt as if the world was spinning. More obviously, of course. Merula seemed to agree.

"Ugh! You stupid Sullivans ruin everything!" Merula screeched, whipping her wand out. "I went to find the Cursed Vaults. I tricked people to work for me. It's all about me!"

Samwise shook his head in denial. "Merula, stop-"

Snyde had had enough. "Shut it, Sullivan! Flipendo! Flipendo! Flipendo!"

By the end of her rage, all seven other students were on the ground, exhausted. Merula smiled. "That's what I thought." she turned to the door, "Alohomora!"

After a while, Samson began to regain his strength, managing to get up. "Ugh... What was that?"

Samwise grimaced, "Merula manipulated me into working for her. I helped her, just because she made me feel powerful, respected..."