Chapter 11 - Year's End

Never in his wildest dreams Samuel could predict the magic of the final day of school, because on June 30th of 1985, the special day had finally arrived.

Like most events, the students were called to attend at the Great Hall for the final period, sitting at their Houses. Samuel glanced at the four arrangements - with the Gryffindors he saw Samson, Ben, and Angelica. Among the Hufflepuffs were Samantha, Penny, and Jane. And at the Slytherin table, Felix had to seperate Samwise and Merula.

Suddenly, Chester had noticed Samuel's wandering eyes. "Looking at all of your friends?" he chuckled.

Samuel gave a soft nod, "It's already the end of my First Year at Hogwarts!"

"I can't believe it!" added Rowan, "It seems like only yesterday I bumped into you at Diagon Alley!"

Chester gave a warm smile, "Yes, it truly is a wonderful feeling, this last day of school. This is my fifth one and I still feel nervous!"

Samuel sat back to think, "Remember when we first met, when I was trying to help Samwise with his duel?"

"Oh, how could I forget?" responded Chester, "It eventually inspired our own duel!"

"Is it possible to feel like something's gone so fast yet been so long?" Rowan contemplated, "Because I've never read that in my books!"

All three of the boys laugh, before hearing the vibrant voice of Albus Dumbledore coming from the stage.

He had began with his usual speech and banter, before getting to the part most people had been awaiting all year - "the House Competition!" bellowed Dumbledore.

"In fourth place is Gryffindor with 340 points..." the Headmaster announced.

Nevertheless, the crowd applauded, and the Gryffindors seemed content. Samson was patting Ben on the back.

"In third place is Hufflepuff with 355 points..." declared Dumbledore.

The audience cheered, while Samuel found Samantha and Penny excitedly chatting.

"And this year's runner up is..."

In Samuel's mind, there was a drumroll. He felt his heart beating out of his chest. His head pounded.

"Ravenclaw with 370 points!"

Samuel gave a light applause, though he couldn't help but feel a sense of disappointment - all that he had accomplished this year felt useless.

Rowan saw this, and quickly comforted him. "Hey, it's alright. What you've done is not any less as great. And plus, it just means that people you love get to win, like-"

"Slytherin with 395 points!" Dumbledore celebrated.

All of the banners hung up from the ceiling turned to Slytherin - a snake with emerald green and pure silver colour schemes.

Samuel looked at the Slytherins - Felix was cheering, Merula was happy (for what seemed like the first time), and Samwise was partying.

Rowan was right. It's not always about winning.

Samuel joined the audience in supporting the Slytherins, cheering them on and clapping.

All of Hogwarts seemed to be celebrating, all in peace and unison for the first time. Flitwick and Hagrid danced together. McGonagall and Sprout gave bright smiles toward the students. Even Snape and Filch managed a less-intimidating frown.

Madam Hooch, who was beside the House Competition's containers roared for Slytherin's victory.

After all of the celebration, the event had to come to an end. Dumbledore exclaimed his farewells, and all of Hogwarts left to go home to their families.

Samuel had all of his things packed up, and alongside his friends left aboard the Hogwarts Express.

And just like the day they arrived, it was the five of them in one carriage - Samuel and Rowan on one side, and the siblings squished on the other. But they all seemed to satisfied to fight.

The five of them discussed life at Hogwarts and their excitement throughout the ride, a ride that passed by much too quickly. Samuel watched out the window by his best friend, admiring the gorgeous Scottish scenery. He watched in amazement of the changing landscape, as if hypnotised by its beauty.

Eventually, the express came to a halt, having travelled all the way from Hogsmeade station to London King's Cross Station, Platform 9 ¾. All of the students hopped off.

Samuel said his goodbyes to all of his friends, promising to write letters throughout the Summer break.

Penny went off with her parents and a little girl who must have been her sister. Ben rushed towards his family, who seemed as confused and anxious as Ben was when he had first arrived at Hogwarts. And Rowan left with his parents, who Samuel recognised as wood providers. "Bye, Mr. And Mrs. Khanna!"

Now only few students remained, and one of them was Merula. Samuel had to remind himself of her parents' fates...

Just then, three familiar faces appeared. There was a tall, blonde haired man with sensational green eyes wrapping his arm around a woman with long, raven black hair. Her ocean blue eyes darted at the child whose hand she was holding - a small, black haired, green-eyed toddler - to the siblings.

"Mum!" shouted Samson. "Quinn!" Samwise claimed. "Simon!" squealed Samantha.

Yes, it was the quadruplet's mother, stepfather and half-brother in the flesh, a sight that they had certainly missed.

They all ran in for a group hug, as Samuel joined in for a tight squeeze.

Eventually, the group broke apart, as Mrs. Sullivan grinned, "Let's go home."

Samuel looked back at the platform behind him. He had always hated goodbyes. But this wasn't one of them, this was a 'see you later'...

"Yes," he thought, "It's my moment. But this is just the beginning of my journey..." He grinned. Just the thought had delighted him. "Yep, look out world, because here comes Samuel Sullivan."