Groundhog 《二》

Jeong Hoon's POV

Min Joon: "Oh, so we meet here."

My heart skipped a beat as I locked eyes with Min Joon. Maybe I'm just being overly cautious. He is Mrs. Do's son, so he must be a decent person.

With a forced smile, I extended my hand toward him, trying to hide the tension. He looked at me with a glimmer of amusement, almost as if he found my nervousness amusing. He glanced away as I refused to break eye contact. Maybe I intimidated him too much. 

Mom: "Do you two know each other?"

"No..."

Mom: "Then why did Mrs. Do mention that her son scares you?"

I chuckled nervously, desperately searching for a distraction.

"Ohh hahaha. It's like this..."

I quickly scanned the room, hoping to divert the attention.

"A Reum, your boyfriend's here."

A Reum: "I can see that."

A Reum gracefully approached Min Joon, presenting him with carefully crafted gifts.

"These are handmade by me. I put a lot of love and effort into them. I hope you like them."

Min Joon's eyes widened in surprise and gratitude, "Wow. Thank you so much."

A Reum's smile radiated warmth, and my parents warmly greets Min Joon and his mom, trying to make them feel welcome.

Finally, we all settled around the dinner table, ready to indulge in the delicious feast before us.

Dad: "I did a little research online. They say your husband is a successful businessman. Is he loaded with money?"

A Reum: "Dad, that's not polite to ask."

My dad completely ignored A Reum's words, and my mom stepped in to intervene.

Mom: "Hey, you should know that A Reum is our only daughter. It's a big responsibility to give her away. Do you have money? I don't want to end up alone and poor."

I cringed at my parents' shameless and embarrassing behavior. Mrs. Do awkwardly laughed, trying to diffuse the tension.

Mrs. Do: "Let's not rush things with these questions. Our children aren't at the stage of wanting to get married yet."

Min Joon chimed in, attempting to lighten the mood.

Min Joon: "Yeah, it's not like I'm planning to have sex and make a baby with A Reum."

A Reum shot Min Joon a threatening glare, silently warning him to shut up.

"Give me a moment, I want to talk to Min Joon and A Reum since we're around the same age. Dad, Mom, and Teacher, you can continue chatting."

We excused ourselves and headed to the balcony, closing the door behind us. I could see from the corner of my eye that A Reum and her new boyfriend were wrestle so I interrupted causing them to act like nothing just happened.

"Dude, do you even hear yourself?"

Min Joon: "I'm a religious person. I'll wait until marriage for sex."

"That's not what you said earlier. You said, 'It's not like I'm going to blah blah blah.'"

I mockingly imitated his gestures.

"Listen, if you're not serious about my sister and keep behaving like this, I suggest you break up with her."

Min Joon: "Lol, no. But since you suggest it, let me run a trial."