Chasing Red《六》

Jeong Hoon's POV

I groggily opened my eyes, feeling disoriented in an unfamiliar room. I instinctively reached for my pounding head, wincing in pain.

"What a wild dream that was," I muttered to myself, trying to shake off the remnants of the vivid images.

Suddenly, Min Joon swivelled around in a spiral chair, holding a newspaper in his hands. He greeted me with a nonchalant tone, "Good morning, you're finally awake."

"ARGHHHHH!" I exclaimed, the reality of the situation hitting me like a ton of bricks. It wasn't a dream; everything that happened last night was real.

I look at Min Joon staring at me with his innocent eyes and ask him, "What happened last night?"

He gulps and replies, "You were drunk."

"What do you mean? Did I do anything?"

Min Joon: "You were so clingy."

"That was all you, don't change the story!"

Min Joon teases me, "Ah so you remembered."

"Quit changing the topic and answer me what happened last night?"

Min Joon then casually replies, "We kissed."

His words hit me like a bolt of lightning. My sister is going to be sad.

I immediately kowtow to him.

"I'm really sorry."

Min Joon: "Are we getting married or did I suddenly become King overnight?"

"Shut up, I'm embarrassed."

Min Joon: "It's just a kiss."

"A KISS? A KISS? It was my first one and I gave it to you."

Min Joon smirks and playfully retorts,  "Consider it as a practice for your real one. I enjoyed it."

"Why are you so casual about us kissing? You're literally dating my sister."

Min Joon casually replies, "Who cares if I'm dating your sister? You taste so much better."

I gasped, my heart pounding in my chest like a wild drumbeat. Oh no he did not. I mean, as he should, but no he did not. The audacity of his words sent a jolt of electricity crackling through me, making every nerve ending tingle with a mix of shock and intrigue.

Feeling a whirlwind of emotions swirling inside me, I couldn't help but ask, my voice trembling with a hint of disbelief, "Did we do anything more than kiss perhaps?" The words hung in the air, heavy with anticipation, as I anxiously awaited his response.

Min Joon's eyes widened, his gaze locking onto mine with a mischievous glint dancing in their depths. A playful smirk tugged at the corners of his lips, sending a shiver of both excitement and uncertainty down my spine.

"Was that what you were hoping for?" he teased, his voice laced with a hint of seductive allure that made my heart skip a beat.

Flustered and caught off guard, my words stumbled out in a flurry of nerves, "It- it was just a question." I could feel the heat rising in my cheeks, the telltale sign of embarrassment that painted my face with a rosy hue.

Min Joon's smirk widened into a sly grin, as if he knew the effect he had on me.

"Just a joke," he reassured, his voice dripping with a playful charm.

"You can check the CCTV if you don't believe me. My laptop is on my desk. I'm going to take a shower."

With those words, he turned on his heels and sauntered out of the room, leaving me standing there, my mind swirling with a mix of emotions and unanswered questions.